The Outrage Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But, my point is, why in the fucking blue hell do people have to be taught to take care of themselves?!?!?!?!

Jesus fucking Christ.
I don't believe you really don't have a grasp of how ignorant and entitled country we are.

Everyone is a victim.

And frankly your situation is not the same as others.

Just curious..I need more explanation here.

Also, we don't need more training about money in schools. We need public schools to go away.
So what do people do? Go to private schools? I don't get it.

Lookit, I am angry sometimes thinking about it.

But in the same respect, I have to acknowledge that those in that situation don't have the capacity to help themselves.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And frankly your situation is not the same as others.
Not really sure what you mean here.

Just curious..I need more explanation here.
Definitely don't know what you mean here. You need an explanation of m path to shit? Or my explanation of my path out of it?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not speaking for booze, but I think he means that people of our generation somehow knew you had to take care of yourself. It was a given, just part of the culture. Now too many people are either not taught that -- from home or neighbors or school or TV -- or are taught the direct opposite, that they are victims whose failures are always someone else's fault.

Cotton

Staff member
Not speaking for booze, but I think he means that people of our generation somehow knew you had to take care of yourself. It was a given, just part of the culture. Now too many people are either not taught that -- from home or neighbors or school or TV -- or are taught the direct opposite, that they are victims whose failures are always someone else's fault.
Well, I feel it is just common sense to take care of one's self. I don't feel it needs to be taught.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, I feel it is just common sense to take care of one's self. I don't feel it needs to be taught.
Again, I don't think you have a grasp of what a lot of country is. Common sense is not in great supply.

Common sense should tell you to live within your means. Most people do not, then they get frustrated because they feel they are not given enough.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bingo.

Cotton

Staff member
Again, I don't think you have a grasp of what a lot of country is. Common sense is not in great supply.

Common sense should tell you to live within your means. Most people do not, then they get frustrated because they feel they are not given enough.
Fair enough. I guess for me and my situation I decided to have a family and knew I couldn't have kids in that environment, so I chose the family over teh drugs, and I walked off. Not a particularly interesting story. I just walked off.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
That is part of the deal though.

People aren't taught how to take care of themselves.
So why did you, me, iamtdg and I suspect most on this board naturally want to take care of themselves?

No one taught me jack shit

I know there is no genetic predisposition for independence tied to skin pigment, so what caused it? No one in my family ever sat me down and taught me how to make and save money, it always felt obvious to me. In order to get what you want you have to work (or steal), potentially sacrifice short term pleasure for long term gain and then have the discipline to save and not blow all your money on something stupid that prevented you from buying something you really wanted somewhere down the road.

I was this way since I was like 5 years old and I can still remember what started it. I was at the store with my aunt, I wanted candy, she wouldn't buy it for me, I was pissed and thought, I'm gonna get my own fucking money!

And I did, I saved all my gift money from xmas and birthdays, asked for a snow cone machine as a gift for xmas and then sold snow cones on the sidewalk in front of my house. I also traded my toys with other kids who didn't understand the value of the trade and then I would re-sell them on my sidewalk sales along with snow cones and make even more money. The top drawer of my dresser was always full of all my favorite candy and a stack of cash ($150+ all 1 dollar bills because it felt like I had more money that way).

There has never been more information at ones disposal and if you're willing to hustle, keep learning, sacrifice, do a great job, communicate well, do what you say you're going to do when you say you are going to do it, save your money, don't buy stupid flashy shit, avoid debt, etc, etc and over time you can build a nest egg, create an expertise that gets you paid and ultimately have financial freedom where you get to do what you want and as important not be a burden on others. But its not going to happen over night!

My plumber is 38 years old, moved here when he was 18 from Mexico, didn't know the language, started digging ditches so he could work for a plumber and learn how to be a plumber. Over time he not only learned English but he became a master plumber and has his own business. He just finished building his 3rd house (already paid off) and kept the previous 2 as rentals. He also has 3 great kids and a wife.

How come he can do it but people born here claim they cant?

I say its a combination of being spoiled, laziness, lack of personal pride, impatience and believing you're owed something (beyond an opportunity to work your ass off) more than not being taught how to take care of themselves. If you're hungry, you can find a way.

Maybe if a person finds themselves in a position where no one (or government) will catch them if they fall, they might make different decisions that keep them from ever falling in the first place but in the event they do, they've taken precautions so they can survive should that day ever occur.

/rant

here's a great bit, happy thanksgiving everyone!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Again, I don't think you have a grasp of what a lot of country is.
And you do?

Sure, there are a lot of idiots in this country. Just look at the voting numbers for proof there. But there is far more common sense across this country than you continually claim. Yeah, there is a lot of young (and old) people that would just prefer to be lazy fucks and live off of handouts and what they can scam/steal. (again, look at the voting numbers) But there are also a lot of young people out there with ambition and the drive to better themselves.

And yes... I am only partially joking about all the idiots being on one side of the voting ledger. I know there are young, smart, industrious people on both sides of the aisle. Besides, we all know when they get a little age and wisdom, and also see how much they are footing the bill for the next batch of freeloading young liberals, they'll mostly sway conservative. :art

Last edited:

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
And you do?

Sure, there are a lot of idiots in this country. Just look at the voting numbers for proof there. But there is far more common sense across this country than you continually claim. Yeah, there is a lot of young (and old) people that would just prefer to be lazy fucks and live off of handouts and what they can scam/steal. (again, look at the voting numbers) But there are also a lot of young people out there with ambition and the drive to better themselves.

And yes... I am only partially joking about all the idiots being on one side of the voting ledger. I know there are young, smart, industrious people on both sides of the aisle. Besides, we all know when they get a little age and wisdom, and also see how much they are footing the bill for the next batch of freeloading young liberals, they'll mostly sway conservative. :art
One of my favorite quotes comes from Winston Churchill... ‘If you’re 20 and not a liberal, you don’t have a heart. If you’re 40 and not conservative, you don’t have a brain.’

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of my favorite quotes comes from Winston Churchill... ‘If you’re 20 and not a liberal, you don’t have a heart. If you’re 40 and not conservative, you don’t have a brain.’
Churchill never said that though. Doesn't make it any less true though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's hilarious. Will be interesting to see the social media overlords try to block it.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Hey! It’s Black Friday!

Hey! Black Fridays been extended through the weekend!

Hey! It’s cyber Monday!

Hey cyber Monday has been extended through the week!

FUCK OFF!

Top Bottom