The Outrage Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
this is what outrages me:

yet it seems almost everyone else in the US is willing to even give it a passing glance
Now, THIS is what should be shown in schools all around the country.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t know whether to get sick and vomit or get a bat and knock some sense in these misfits.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watched this thing on the national news about food banks.

It had people in line for hours.

The term that was used is that people are "food insecure".

Wow. They are insecure about their food, so they are going to go get free shit.

It kind of pisses me off.

We are a spoiled nation. I doubt anybody is starving en masse.

Oh, I can't fill my pantry enough with what I want, let me go get a handout.

It is already bad enough about how the food stamp system works.

Hell, make the whole damn handout nothing but ramen noodles and see who shows the fuck up.

It is entirely possible to live off of little other than ramen noodles for at least four years. It is a proven fact.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

I guarantee you some of them were in the same line for In 'n Out.

That said, a lot of people have either lost work or had their hours cut back sharply due to Covid, so I gotta believe that at least some of those with their hands out have legitimate needs.

Cotton

Staff member
It is entirely possible to live off of little other than ramen noodles for at least four years. It is a proven fact.
I did it. I lived on ramen and red beans for years when I was fucked up on teh drugs. It's possible.

Oh, and I never got assistance from the government through my dark ages. I just dealt with it. I lost power, and heat sometimes, and once even my house. (btw, every bit of it was my fault)

Not once did I get assistance. Because I felt I put my own god damn self in that spot and didn't think it was anyone else's problem to get me out of it.

Guess what? I dug my way out of it. I didn't need any help. So, I'm fucking tired of hearing about people saying they are "products of the system". I was dirt poor and god damn near homeless. I dug out, even with the drugs in the picture. Do not talk to me about situation.

Cotton

Staff member

That is essentially Venezuela. That is where we are headed if this bullshit continues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That is essentially Venezuela. That is where we are headed if this bullshit continues.
Only difference is we won't give up our guns. Get ready for multiple Waco level shootouts every week when they try to enforce their gun policy

Cotton

Staff member
Only difference is we won't give up our guns. Get ready for multiple Waco level shootouts every week when they try to enforce their gun policy
War is coming if this shit continues. So, yeah, I agree.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I’ve never had an account on there, never will.
it was great for a while, I used it to follow how poker players I follow were doing in tournaments, it was a great way to have direct contact with folks you’d likely never meet or be able to speak to

then politics took over and ruined it

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I did it. I lived on ramen and red beans for years when I was fucked up on teh drugs. It's possible.
You can feed yourself easily on very little. I think I could feed my family on as little as seven bucks a day if it came down to it.

That is one reason why I hear about people who get assistance talk about being "hungry" and what not. The kids are the ones that fucking suffer.

But many choose to spend the disposable cash on the things that the government does not cover. See it everyday. Pay with assistance, get into an Escalade with spinning rims.

The real issue is that the vast majority of Americans can't budget to save their lives.

Our whole economy is built on spending and so many people spend beyond what they can deal with.

That is one area our whole nation would prosper from is that if kids were taught how to manage money in school.

I don't know about you people, it was never a thing with me in school. And it hasn't been with my kids.

Teach life lessons.

Cotton

Staff member
You can feed yourself easily on very little. I think I could feed my family on as little as seven bucks a day if it came down to it.

That is one reason why I hear about people who get assistance talk about being "hungry" and what not. The kids are the ones that fucking suffer.

But many choose to spend the disposable cash on the things that the government does not cover. See it everyday. Pay with assistance, get into an Escalade with spinning rims.

The real issue is that the vast majority of Americans can't budget to save their lives.

Our whole economy is built on spending and so many people spend beyond what they can do.

That is one area our whole nation would prosper from is that if kids were taught how to manage money in school.

I don't know about you people, it was never a thing with me. And it hasn't been with my kids.
Or, and hear me out, maybe just maybe, people should FUCKING TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES??

I didn't blame anyone for my situation. I blamed myself for the situation I put myself in.

Also, we don't need more training about money in schools. We need public schools to go away.

Welfare has been the epitome of a systemic racist catalyst for many minority people.

I can't say that enough.

Welfare has been the epitome of a systemic racist catalyst for many minority people.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or, and hear me out, maybe just maybe, people should FUCKING TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES??

I didn't blame anyone for my situation. I blamed myself for the situation I put myself in.

Also, we don't need more training about money in schools. We need public schools to go away.

I can't say that enough.

That is part of the deal though.

People aren't taught how to take care of themselves.

Cotton

Staff member
That is part of the deal though.

People aren't taught how to take care of themselves.
But, my point is, why in the fucking blue hell do people have to be taught to take care of themselves?!?!?!?!

Jesus fucking Christ.

Top Bottom