The Outrage Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Don't know where to put this....I think that we need a general outrage thread or something...

“As a police officer and police academy instructor, I am posting this as a public service announcement,” Ryan began. “In Texas, Criminal Mischief (Vandalism) is a crime. So, let’s say someone is defacing or destroying a monument or a statue, not that it happens, just a hypothetical. That would be Criminal Mischief under Texas Penal Code.”

Screenshot of Officer Ryan’s post before it was removed from Facebook
After studying the Texas Penal Code “Chapter 9.41,” Ryan explains that
a person “is justified” when they use deadly force when they think it is necessary to stop the other person interfering with the property. He goes on to explain that “Chapter 9.42” allows for the use of deadly force in the instance of “criminal mischief during the nighttime, citing the Texas Penal Code that goes as follows:
Sec. 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF.
(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:
(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property of the owner;
(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property of the owner.

Texas Penal Code Chapter 9, which are the laws concerning the use of force and deadly force to protect yourself, someone else, your property, or someone else’s property (could be state, county or municipal property (the peoples). In Chapter 9 under defense of property it says:

Sec. 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON’S PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if, under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property;

Chapter 9.41 states: PROTECTION OF ONE’S OWN PROPERTY.
(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other’s trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property (Criminal Mischief is unlawful interference with property).

Chapter 9.42 states: DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime (Night time is 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise).

“Bottom line, if someone is destroying a monument or statue that isn’t theirs, you can defend it by force during the day with deadly force at night. Just a little tip, from your Uncle Phil,” the police officer concluded.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't know where to put this....I think that we need a general outrage thread or something...

“As a police officer and police academy instructor, I am posting this as a public service announcement,” Ryan began. “In Texas, Criminal Mischief (Vandalism) is a crime. So, let’s say someone is defacing or destroying a monument or a statue, not that it happens, just a hypothetical. That would be Criminal Mischief under Texas Penal Code.”

Screenshot of Officer Ryan’s post before it was removed from Facebook
After studying the Texas Penal Code “Chapter 9.41,” Ryan explains that
a person “is justified” when they use deadly force when they think it is necessary to stop the other person interfering with the property. He goes on to explain that “Chapter 9.42” allows for the use of deadly force in the instance of “criminal mischief during the nighttime, citing the Texas Penal Code that goes as follows:
Sec. 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF.
(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:
(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property of the owner;
(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property of the owner.

Texas Penal Code Chapter 9, which are the laws concerning the use of force and deadly force to protect yourself, someone else, your property, or someone else’s property (could be state, county or municipal property (the peoples). In Chapter 9 under defense of property it says:

Sec. 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON’S PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if, under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property;

Chapter 9.41 states: PROTECTION OF ONE’S OWN PROPERTY.
(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other’s trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property (Criminal Mischief is unlawful interference with property).

Chapter 9.42 states: DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime (Night time is 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise).

“Bottom line, if someone is destroying a monument or statue that isn’t theirs, you can defend it by force during the day with deadly force at night. Just a little tip, from your Uncle Phil,” the police officer concluded.
Yeah, I'm not sure that is the most responsible thing for him to post.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Probably not the smartest thing he could have done. Yes, it's in there just as he said. Yes it is the law. But in this environment of hyper attention to everything that could stir the pot, it isn't something a LE official should be calling direct attention to. Besides, people who lawfully carry or have an ounce of give a damn, are already going to know what the law allows or doesn't. And even the dumber ones aren't going to want to be the one that is the test case for trial under current circumstances. :sad

BipolarFuk

Demoted
ESPN pulls Asian-American announcer from Virginia football game because he has a Confederate general's name

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ESPN pulls Asian-American announcer from Virginia football game because he has a Confederate general's name

:lol
And you know what causes this, right?

A bunch of entitled kids who get "triggered" by something that you really really have to think hard about to honestly get upset.

Wait. His name is Robert Lee. That's the same as that racist Robert E. Lee!

Nevermind he is a minority and probably some poor bitch that really could have used the work.

This is the fear corporations have right now.

Can't piss off the trigger capable.

It is pathetic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That shit must be made up.
Well, there is a reason Trump keeps banging the "Fake News" drum.

I think this one is legit. But it is more of a case of understanding how our victim culture is affecting every facet of our lives.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I think this one is legit. But it is more of a case of understanding how our victim culture is affecting every facet of our lives.

Cotton

Staff member

It's unfuckingbelievable. When I first saw this story it was on FB, and my first reaction was, "Oh bullshit, this has to be fake."

Nope. Just unreal.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
What made me laugh so hard is they are truly ignorant/arrogant enough to believe that the entire country holds the same opinions as them and had literally nowhere to go with the panel interview when it didn't go how they expected. They cut to commercial right after that to regroup. Just so damn funny to me. :lol
Exactly. They are so caught up in believe their elitist, high minded attitude and righteous indignation is felt by everyone, even those that supported Trump. They don't understand how much of the problem they, themselves are. My wife still watches the Sunday shows and has been reasonably neutral for years, but even she is starting to comment on it. One of the shows she watched this weekend had someone doing interviews and when she was asking questions, she wasn't asking questions as if to get an answer, it was asking questions in such a way as to solicit agreement with her question. IT was truly awe inspiring to watch her try and twist an interview into an agreement session.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh I don't really think a bottom roster dweller like Kaepernick is worth getting that worked up about.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The replies to this Tweet from the fucking ACLU, who used to be the most liberal entity you could think of, are utterly amazing.

Cotton

Staff member

The replies to this Tweet from the fucking ACLU, who used to be the most liberal entity you could think of, are utterly amazing.
Holy shit. I didn't know that posting a picture of a white toddler could "trigger" so many racists.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Holy shit. I didn't know that posting a picture of a white toddler could "trigger" so many racists.
What really got me was how fast the ACLU caved and agreed with them.

Cotton

Staff member
What really got me was how fast the ACLU caved and agreed with them.
Less than an hour. And, not only did they agree...

:picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
But they are not racists themselves, no no no. They are just out to serve their special brand of justice every day.

Cotton

Staff member
But they are not racists themselves, no no no. They are just out to serve their special brand of justice every day.
If you call them racist, then you, sir, are the racist.

Top Bottom