The Outrage Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everybody has known forever that kids/teens don't really know shit about shit and that their bullshit is just a phase that they'll grow out of, but somehow now large swathes of the population believe 8 year olds or whatever have some sort of ancient wisdom of exactly who and/or what they're supposed to be permanently for their next 70 years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Everybody has known forever that kids/teens don't really know shit about shit and that their bullshit is just a phase that they'll grow out of, but somehow now large swathes of the population believe 8 year olds or whatever have some sort of ancient wisdom of exactly who and/or what they're supposed to be permanently for their next 70 years.
As Peterson says in the vid -- not that we didn't already know it -- the difference now is these narcissistic moms who push this for their own clout on social media and IRL among their friends.

If it were a hairstyle or something, whatever. But applying that to permanent, irreversible changes to children is so gross and sick it's hard to believe it's even real.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As Peterson says in the vid -- not that we didn't already know it -- the difference now is these narcissistic moms who push this for their own clout on social media and IRL among their friends.

If it were a hairstyle or something, whatever. But applying that to permanent, irreversible changes to children is so gross and sick it's hard to believe it's even real.
Pisses me the fuck off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately there are many people that will argue against this. But I totally agree.

I don't think anyone really cares if a consenting adult wants to make alterations to their own body. Now they might not call that person by their desired pronoun or want them going in the wrong bathroom but that's another discussion about safety and what people believe reality is.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As we were saying in the thread earlier, this is all rooted in mental illness, specifically, people who are dangerously depressed.

Trans isn't a real thing, it's just depression dressed up (no pun intended) in the latest political fad.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As we were saying in the thread earlier, this is all rooted in mental illness, specifically, people who are dangerously depressed.

Trans isn't a real thing, it's just depression dressed up (no pun intended) in the latest political fad.
It was interesting how he pointed out that these movements in the past have started, then burned out pretty quickly... like multiple personality disorder and cutting yourself.

But the difference now, as Rogan said, is how this is actively encouraged. And social media has added gas to the fire. And how an entire industry is springing up around this where people are making lots of money off it. And how it's now politically useful to one side.

So I'm afraid this isn't going to disappear the same way. I feel so sorry for these kids.

Cotton

Staff member

Weird how that works. Imagine all of the little border towns that have less than 10k people in them trying to deal with it. Fuck off, you utter muppet.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Peterson is the smartest person in any room he’s in.

If those videos blow you away, you should hear his thoughts on the downfall of society and just how much western society mirrors those great civilizations that have fallen before us.

It’s pretty crazy shit and convincing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Peterson is the smartest person in any room he’s in.
Yet people act like he's just a right wing troll.

No, he's smarter than you, me, the people at the American Medical Association, etc, etc.

Maybe even if you don't agree with him he might be worth not tossing aside.

(But see, the problem with that is, if you don't just toss him aside, he is so smart that he wins, and they lose. They can't risk that).

Sheik

DCC 4Life

No, he's smarter than you, me, the people at the American Medical Association, etc, etc.

(But see, the problem with that is, if you don't just toss him aside, he is so smart that he wins, and they lose. They can't risk that).
Agree 100%

I haven’t been following him as closely the last few months, but he’s been under some pretty heavy attack. I think I remember his home country was or is considering revoking his licenses.

The guy is a treasure, like one I don’t think we’ll see come around again in our lifetime.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well that's because anyone who disagrees with those people's viewpoint must be a troll. Even if they have better and more legitimate arguments. In fact you want to do it in the case where they have better and more legitimate arguments because it's the only way to defend your view point. Suppress the actual discussion by labeling them and throwing them in a trashbin labeled trolls.

Cotton

Staff member
Agree 100%

I haven’t been following him as closely the last few months, but he’s been under some pretty heavy attack. I think I remember his home country was or is considering revoking his licenses.

The guy is a treasure, like one I don’t think we’ll see come around again in our lifetime.
Well, he was banned from Twitter for a long time.

Top Bottom