The Outrage Thread

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Justice Department, actually. FBI is just their enforcement arm. If DeSantis or Trump wins, it'll be hard to fire the left-wing careerists at any agency, not just the Bureau.
Trump nor DeSantis is going to fix anything.

The only thing that fixes this is public trials that end with long prison sentences for government officials who break the law.

It should become a sport, but it won’t.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
A Republican House, Senate, and President could fix most of it.

Question is, will that ever be allowed to happen again? I doubt it.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life

Even then, you gotta ask yourself if they would actually DO anything? Probably not.
Rs tend to sit on their hands even when they control congress and the white house.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Even then, you gotta ask yourself if they would actually DO anything? Probably not.
Rs tend to sit on their hands even when they control congress and the white house.
I do think things are different now. I think more people realize how bad the problem is. Look at the weaponization hearings they're having now. That never would have happened in the past.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Republicans need to be on the offensive, but they won't be. That has been apparent for a while. Time to primary a lot of these RINOs.

Cotton

Staff member
I do think things are different now. I think more people realize how bad the problem is. Look at the weaponization hearings they're having now. That never would have happened in the past.
Man, I hope you're right.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

The Swamp is permanent because it's almost impossible to fire a GS employee. You might be able to whittle it down some, but all they have to do is wait you out.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Gotta keep black voters in a constant state of fear and agitation. "We're your friends, not those eeeeevil, heartless Republicans."
And the sad thing is, about the time all the race-baiting crap escalated (around 2012-ish?), race relations had improved dramatically from the heights of the racist Jim Crow era. I still don't think most black people - just from my experience - buy into the whole "white people hate me" thing.
But the media doesn't help things one bit.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And the sad thing is, about the time all the race-baiting crap escalated (around 2012-ish?), race relations had improved dramatically from the heights of the racist Jim Crow era. I still don't think most black people - just from my experience - buy into the whole "white people hate me" thing.
Meet a white guy on the street, and he has a 50/50 chance of being a Democrat. Meet a black guy, and it rises to 90%. That's a problem.

Cotton

Staff member
Gotta keep black voters in a constant state of fear and agitation
I am now convinced that our Covid response was 100% deliberate. It was their perfect opening to test the waters.

Cotton

Staff member
We are separating black and white graduations now. I really don't know how people don't see this as going backwards. Baffles my fucking mind.

Cotton

Staff member
Meet a white guy on the street, and he has a 50/50 chance of being a Democrat. Meet a black guy, and it rises to 90%. That's a problem.
I do believe that is slowly changing. It just may be too slow.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Swamp is permanent because it's almost impossible to fire a GS employee. You might be able to whittle it down some, but all they have to do is wait you out.
But most of this comes not from the rank and file, but from the leadership. Like the FBI... the problem is mostly at the top. Same with the other agencies. It wouldn't take changing that many people out (relatively speaking) to make a difference.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Top Bottom