The Outrage Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
She lost custody for giving her daughter a cell phone? I'm calling bullshit on that. Sorry, courts don't give sole custody to a parent because of that.
According to the article he has a lot of connections in that town and a contract with the local PD. I've heard of crazier shit getting a pass from the justice system in East Texas and this happened in cajun country where it's prob worse

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to the article he has a lot of connections in that town and a contract with the local PD. I've heard of crazier shit getting a pass from the justice system in East Texas and this happened in cajun country where it's prob worse
Giving a 16 year old a cell phone? There has to be way more to the story. Judges aren't idiots, they will justify a decision with law and not something so stupid. That's the problem with Judges and lawyers who get picked apart by people who read stuff. I've seen it way too often where people read an article about a case and are outraged by an outcome but they really have no clue about what happened. I don't know about Texas but in Missouri paternity cases are locked and are not public documents. As lawyers we can't always divulge the details but rarely do people have any clue about all the evidence and facts.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
WTF? There has to be more to this story. Surely.
I'm positive there is a lot more to the story. But we won't hear it unless the Dad tries to defend himself. Which honestly if someone is accusing you of rape (Which it sounds like it was statutory rape at minimum) the last thing you really want to do is put a face to a name and be outspoken. So yeah, the end result is we will probably never be able to find out the facts of why the judge took a child away from this woman. But I feel very comfortable in saying there is more to the situation than that. But it could be for a multitude of reasons. She may have just never shown up to court. Could be that she is actually an awful parent. Could be that dad made up some really good accusations with regards to the phone (Like the daughter is using the phone to contact 32 year old men...) but unless someone gets a copy of the judgment it's impossible to know.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm positive there is a lot more to the story. But we won't hear it unless the Dad tries to defend himself. Which honestly if someone is accusing you of rape (Which it sounds like it was statutory rape at minimum) the last thing you really want to do is put a face to a name and be outspoken. So yeah, the end result is we will probably never be able to find out the facts of why the judge took a child away from this woman. But I feel very comfortable in saying there is more to the situation than that. But it could be for a multitude of reasons. She may have just never shown up to court. Could be that she is actually an awful parent. Could be that dad made up some really good accusations with regards to the phone (Like the daughter is using the phone to contact 32 year old men...) but unless someone gets a copy of the judgment it's impossible to know.
I just want to know if the man was convicted of raping her or just claiming he did. The answer to that question could change my opinion on this a lot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just want to know if the man was convicted of raping her or just claiming he did. The answer to that question could change my opinion on this a lot.
So if you read the article no he was not convicted of anything. She didn't report anything until 7 years ago. So basically 9 years after the rape. She claims she was under the impression that if you don't report it the next day that you can't report it.

Now that she has reported it supposedly the cops have an open investigation but have done nothing. In all honesty it sounds like consensual sex except for the fact that she was 16 and he was an adult which would appear to be statutory rape where it happened according to the article.

Fast forward to today, the child is 16 and now they are claiming that the mother (32 years old) lost custody of the child because the child had a cell phone. I'm sorry, I'm not really buying that. Laws everywhere very much favor joint custody of some sort unless one parent is a danger to the child. But also if you don't show up to court, the judge will almost always side with the party that does show up to court. So I'm not sure what happened, and frankly I think who ever wrote the article probably should have talked to a lawyer because it really sounds like they have no clue about family law. Unfortunately I do.

Cotton

Staff member
So if you read the article no he was not convicted of anything. She didn't report anything until 7 years ago. So basically 9 years after the rape. She claims she was under the impression that if you don't report it the next day that you can't report it.

Now that she has reported it supposedly the cops have an open investigation but have done nothing. In all honesty it sounds like consensual sex except for the fact that she was 16 and he was an adult which would appear to be statutory rape where it happened according to the article.

Fast forward to today, the child is 16 and now they are claiming that the mother (32 years old) lost custody of the child because the child had a cell phone. I'm sorry, I'm not really buying that. Laws everywhere very much favor joint custody of some sort unless one parent is a danger to the child. But also if you don't show up to court, the judge will almost always side with the party that does show up to court. So I'm not sure what happened, and frankly I think who ever wrote the article probably should have talked to a lawyer because it really sounds like they have no clue about family law. Unfortunately I do.
If she didn't report it, it makes it awfully hard to feel sorry for her.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I need a bigger woodchipper

Sheik

DCC 4Life
My hope is that California, Oregon, and New York keep attracting all the crazy in this country and leaves middle America the fuck out of all this nonsense.

Drag queens doing story time to school kids is a step too far. Next is normalization of screwing children as long as they do it as part of some weird ritual between the hours of 3am and 5am. And you’re some kind of phobic if you don’t see the virtue in it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My hope is that California, Oregon, and New York keep attracting all the crazy in this country and leaves middle America the fuck out of all this nonsense.

Drag queens doing story time to school kids is a step too far. Next is normalization of screwing children as long as they do it as part of some weird ritual between the hours of 3am and 5am. And you’re some kind of phobic if you don’t see the virtue in it.
Yeah, they have no business introducing that sexual behavior anymore than they should hetero behaviors. It just isn't right to introduce that to a child. Period. There is no excuse for it.

And you do hope that shit does contain itself by geography, but I doubt it. It is already in the media.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I think some like Jesse Kelly are right when they talk about how America is, and is going to continue, self-separating.

As long as the states can maintain their rights, maybe we can avoid some kind of physical conflict.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Bitches be crazy

Pretty damn sure those aren't US cops tho, looks like Mexico or some South American shithole

Cotton

Staff member

Bitches be crazy

Pretty damn sure those aren't US cops tho, looks like Mexico or some South American shithole
Yes, bitches can be crazy. I tell my wife all the time that women are crazy. It's just a matter of to what to degree.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
CNN felt they had to blur out one of the letters? :lol :doh

Top Bottom