The Outrage Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They're still on the hook for the back rent, right?
Fuck if I know.

Doesn't matter anyways. The local justice systems are a joke, but this is job security for a while.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If she was in my son's school district, I would be raising hell.
Hopefully, other parents in that district are doing the same.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is saying they can't pay their rent.

Jobs are literally everywhere and a lot of them with the bloated pay rates that errbody says they just gotta have.

Most of these fucktards have been living large off of unemployment and stimulus horseshit.

They had the money at some point.
This. Where I work we are hiring in at $22/hour with no experience.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This. Where I work we are hiring in at $22/hour with no experience.
That is exactly what I hire for. Yeah, it's physical and fast paced, but with the hourly rates, OT bonuses, attendance bonuses, OMGIFYOUSHOWUPFORWORKIWILLSUCKYOUOFF bonus, we have hourly associates making more than area managers.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is saying they can't pay their rent.

Jobs are literally everywhere and a lot of them with the bloated pay rates that errbody says they just gotta have.

Most of these fucktards have been living large off of unemployment and stimulus horseshit.

They had the money at some point.
Come pay me and I'll save you.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Shops in my town in NC are closing up left and right due to lack of labor.

A tavern I loved downtown had to close its doors temporarily. Not enough employees to run it. Then the ice cream shop on the corner closed. No labor there either (plus citing "covid concerns.").

Do people not need money? Housing prices are soaring. Inflation is making all costs rise. The stimulus checks are in the rearview mirrow. The fed is handing out $300 checks per kid, but that doesn't pay a rent bill for the vast majority of families. Where is the economic collapse? Where is the money coming from? Can I have some?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shops in my town in NC are closing up left and right due to lack of labor.

A tavern I loved downtown had to close its doors temporarily. Not enough employees to run it. Then the ice cream shop on the corner closed. No labor there either (plus citing "covid concerns.").

Do people not need money? Housing prices are soaring. Inflation is making all costs rise. The stimulus checks are in the rearview mirrow. The fed is handing out $300 checks per kid, but that doesn't pay a rent bill for the vast majority of families. Where is the economic collapse? Where is the money coming from? Can I have some?
Yeah same problem here. Fast food restaurants won't open their indoor spaces because they don't have the labor to handle it. Businesses are closing early every day because they don't have the employees. Minimum wage is like 10.35 an hour here. People blame a housing shortage but this is going on every where. This is an employee shortage. The population didn't suddenly drop so clearly the problem is a lack of people wanting to work.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe people are blaming their not wanting to work on Covid, ie, we are scared to leave the house and go out in public where we can be infected. Presumably even a small percentage of people who exit the workforce could lead to labor shortages. I could at least understand there is rationality behind that thought process.

But still, how are those people paying their rent? I assume people in service industries mostly aren't there to earn disposable income and play money. They are there for their necessaries, rent, food, car payment, etc.

Top Bottom