The Outrage Thread

shoop

Semi-contributing member
These people found another way to get attention and to make them feel special. What annoys the everloving shit out of me is that our culture is like this and yet we still have kids bullied in schools for being different.
It feels like there was a balance in the late 90s where we were talking about “fair”. The turn of the millennia and we flew past fair into the realm of pandering and “equality”. Fair isn’t always equal and equal isn’t always fair. Focus on doing what’s right and use common sense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I am not convinced that any Irish person is "offended" by this.
Well at least we are being honest now, since I have long said there is zero difference between this and "Redskin."

That being said as a person of Irish decent I actually want the Notre Dame Leprechaun to stay and would be offended by it's removal.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just wonder where the fuck and how it became a thing. The faux outraged.
How do you not know the answer to this? Democrats have been pandering to victimhood for decades now.

Eventually you run out of victims to pander to unless you fabricate more. It's the entire basis of their marxist theology.

Class warfare begot race warfare which is now begetting identity warfare.

They will come up with more to tear down, just give them time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd bet a chart of it and a chart of the growth of Twitter and Facebook would look pretty similar.
This is also true. It is hand in hand with the Democratic concept of "listening to everyone's truth," as if some people didn't have invalid perspectives worthy of dismissal.

Once you've indoctrinated the voters that everyone who sounds crazy is actually oppressed and in need of validation and support, and then you hand all those crazy people access to a platform, you get the modern Democratic party.

Now a minority of Native Americans can pretend to be offended, whip up a twenty thousand strong twit army, and make it look like there's national outrage over the "Redskins," mascot, when in reality, the poll numbers show most don't care or want it to remain.

It will be the same with the Irish logo. I'm Irish and want it to stay, and the overwhelming majority of Irish people will feel the same way; but a infinitesimal minority of "Irish," people will clamor for it to be removed, because there is nothing for normal people to be dramatic about, those rabble rousers will get the spots on the news segments, as the news is always looking for something dramatic to boost ratings, and then they will make it appear that it's a huge problem.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. When social media took off, the fall began. Too many kooks were given coast to coast voices.
It may not be too late if we can reign in social media. Either they are a common carrier - like the telephone lines - and everyone can say whatever they want, which will allow unrestricted conservative voices back on their channels - or, they will want to curate their content but we can sue the shit out of them for their harmful nonsense. I may prefer the latter.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It gave all the virtue signalers a platform.
And the small percentage of people who post on twitter are young, so they naturally lean this way.

Of course, major corporations, politicians, etc. don't get this and vastly overweight what they see on Twitter as representative of the broader public.

And I still believe there are way more foreign bots/agents and other hostiles who actively stir things up to destabilize our society than people realize.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My wife was a teacher so I say this with the utmost delicacy - teachers are mostly morons and mostly take the position because it's an easy job for the money, or because they actively want to push their political agendas.

Those are the reasons people take those jobs. And if by some chance you manage to slip through the cracks and actually have a brain the unions indoctrinate most of the rest. Don't know how my wife made it through 10 years of that shit still a conservative. She taught 8th grade math and science so that's actually the one area where you kinda have to have a clue. This bimbo probably teaches like 3rd grade or some shit, which is still mostly just babysitting (as opposed to kindergarten and first grade which is almost entirely babysitting).

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
She's publicly bragging about proselytizing in the classroom, seemingly without any fear of firing or reprisals. Let that sink in.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's what government school is.

Indoctrination.

They don't teach facts anymore, they teach ideologies.
Yep, think it was Oregon who just recently lowered testing requirements for "equity". They don't care about actually teaching anymore.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No child is required to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, so why she felt the need to get rid of it entirely is baffling. Boilerplate anti-Americanism is probably the best explanation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is saying they can't pay their rent.

Jobs are literally everywhere and a lot of them with the bloated pay rates that errbody says they just gotta have.

Most of these fucktards have been living large off of unemployment and stimulus horseshit.

They had the money at some point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is saying they can't pay their rent.

Jobs are literally everywhere and a lot of them with the bloated pay rates that errbody says they just gotta have.

Most of these fucktards have been living large off of unemployment and stimulus horseshit.

They had the money at some point.
From the article- "No back rent can save them. " So they obviously haven't been paying rent for awhile. Fuck them freeloaders

Top Bottom