The Outrage Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Any Mandalorian fans? Or just fans of free speech?

Yeah it's bullshit she was fired, they are steadily shoving every conservative belief or position outside of the Overton window.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Any Mandalorian fans? Or just fans of free speech?

Oh, and I love the hell out of Carano. So glad she isn't taking that bow to the mob.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah it's bullshit she was fired, they are steadily shoving every conservative belief or position outside of the Overton window.
Let them keep it going. They will eventually lose this fight. But, they have no idea they will.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Is this the post that was the final straw?

1613188031833.png

Here is Disneys response:

Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.
How on earth are they concluding Gina is "denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities" based on that post?

Is there another comment she made I am overlooking?

If not, this is an insane lack of logic or willful ignorance on display here, I've said this very thing in more detail multiple times because its an apt comparison, the point is about censorship and the climate it created which lead to the suffering experienced by jews (and many others) during that horrific time in history.

People didn't wake up in Germany one day and discover folks suddenly being hauled off to concentration camps. IIRC, it was a slow transition where jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc were blamed for economic & other woes and ostracized, then their businesses and homes were vandalized, then forced to wear arm bands, then beatings on the streets, then confiscation of property, etc, etc until eventually brought to concentration camps and gas chambers.

It seems obvious to me how the threat of losing ones job over words spoken will put a chill of silence in the air creating a form of subtle censorship where folks eventually find themselves turning a blind eye to gawd knows what in the name of self preservation

this is a slippery slope coupled with recreational outrage, pressure to be woke, etc, etc which is turning too many people into compliant little zombies who will do just about anything because they were just following orders

Where have I heard that before?

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, the thing is, she's exactly right.

I know Shapiro was saying that Disney had been looking to get rid of her for months due to her conservative posts, though. This was just their excuse to finally do it Doesn't make sense, but then it doesn't have to -- that's just how they operate.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is this the post that was the final straw?

View attachment 691142

Here is Disneys response:

How on earth are they concluding Gina is "denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities" based on that post?

Is there another comment she made I am overlooking?

If not, this is an insane lack of logic or willful ignorance on display here, I've said this very thing in more detail multiple times because its an apt comparison, the point is about censorship and the climate it created which lead to the suffering experienced by jews (and many others) during that horrific time in history.

People didn't wake up in Germany one day and discover folks suddenly being hauled off to concentration camps. IIRC, it was a slow transition where jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc were blamed for economic & other woes and ostracized, then their businesses and homes were vandalized, then forced to wear arm bands, then beatings on the streets, then confiscation of property, etc, etc until eventually brought to concentration camps and gas chambers.

It seems obvious to me how the threat of losing ones job over words spoken will put a chill of silence in the air creating a form of subtle censorship where folks eventually find themselves turning a blind eye to gawd knows what in the name of self preservation

this is a slippery slope coupled with recreational outrage, pressure to be woke, etc, etc which is turning too many people into compliant little zombies who will to do just about anything because they were just following orders

Where have I heard that before?
Yep that's the one they said was anti-Semitic

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Uncle Ben is next, followed by the Cream of Wheat guy.
Correct. Long time, recognizable marketing on successful products that suddenly gets changed because of this new woke society... And these products will go the way of the Dodo bird. Both because people will not recognize the new packaging, and because people are pissed that cancel culture has so much power and will refuse to support those that bend the knee.

Top Bottom