The Outrage Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
...or 26% is Trump's approval floor.

So what do you think the murder is about? The scourge of forgery?
Probably a poll of rioters and looters. Who knows whether it was actually racially motivated but to fan the flames of rioting and destruction is just as bad. Polls are not reliable anymore. They have joined the media to create the outcomes.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
As an aside, thoughts on people that preface their family's longer tenure in America (ie 'my great-great-great grandparents have been in America...") when making an argument with someone that is 1st-generation born American or naturalized immigrant-now-citizen.

Interestingly, this situation came up in the workplace when a co-worker said he's been at the company for seven years vs other person for 1-year and essentially saying his opinion is more valid. Got me thinking about how that relays to being American and what's right for this country.

Is there a concept of "I'm more American than you" and how does that affect one's validity?
I wouldn't buy into the idea of trying to rate how "American" someone is, it seems completely counterproductive with no discernible benefit.

I would say the folks who had to leave or flea the country they were born in to come to the US and start a new life, learn a new language, find a way to make a living, etc have a special place in my heart because thats not something I or anyone who was born here has had to do but someone in our family did travel this road for us, giving us a serious leg up in life.

They certainly dont deserve any scorn, the folks I've talked to over the years have often left professions in their country of origin, like being a professor, to now driving a cab. There are fascinating stories littered all over this country of how people got here, what they often escaped, etc which is why I love it when I get a chance to meet someone and hear their story.

I wonder what kind a world it will be when there's no longer an America to escape to?

I hope I never have to find out

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whew. This is it guys. Ryan Tannehill has chimed in. Just the voice we were all waiting for.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah you can fuck all the way off with your white guilt bullshit
Wait a damn minute. Not being racist isn't good enough? Yep, said it before and I will say it again, nothing will ever be enough. Nothing.

Cotton

Staff member
yes sir, I'd prefer no one's biz or property get destroyed, corp or not
I'm not sure she was saying for them to destroy corporate buildings. I took it as more take it to the big businesses. I could be wrong.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"Hmmm. How can we attract normies to our righteous cause? I know! Block the road!"

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom