The Outrage Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:mad: these mothefuckers........

and I assume once we've achieved adult status, we are mere vessels of the state to produce tax revenue?
They are doing this because they know their best shot at brainwashing kids has to start early and they know that can't happen if a kid isn't in the public school system.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are doing this because they know their best shot at brainwashing kids has to start early and they know that can't happen if a kid isn't in the public school system.
I'm not a big fan of homeschooling but parents absolutely should have control over their kids education. The idea that government can dictate what is best for a child's raising and not a parent is ludicrous to me.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not a big fan of homeschooling but parents absolutely should have control over their kids education. The idea that government can dictate what is best for a child's raising and not a parent is ludicrous to me.
They want full control of your life. They have proven that over and over during this coronavirus crap.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow, clicking that link, they're basically claiming that human rights have all been about the adult and not the child. As if kids are routinely done this huge disservice by homeschoolers doing a terrible job.

And they have the nerve to put "politics" in the title, as if politics are the reason people homeschool and not the reason they want control.

Totally disgusting. And depressing. It seems like every big institution is in on degrading personal freedoms.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I dont have any kids but when I thought about having them and pondered home schooling, I was leaning against it because I really think the socialization you get in PS is important. I grew up in a really diverse neighborhood; my friends were from the Middle East, India, Mexico, Vietnam, Korea and the black guys (Mel Renfros son went to my elementary school and we were in the same grade, were friends until they moved) were the coolest with the kindest parents I still remember fondly. I dont know how you become a racist when your friends are this diverse in your formative years and I would have hated to have missed out on these friendships had I been home schooled.

Having said that, I think I'd have to try and pull off a hybrid of the two if I had kids now

Last edited:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Who is "they"?

I'm having a hard time believing many people think like this. I'm inclined to think its more like this guy asserts:

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Wow, clicking that link, they're basically claiming that human rights have all been about the adult and not the child. As if kids are routinely done this huge disservice by homeschoolers doing a terrible job.

And they have the nerve to put "politics" in the title, as if politics are the reason people homeschool and not the reason they want control.

Totally disgusting. And depressing. It seems like every big institution is in on degrading personal freedoms.
from Harvard no less

geezuz.......

Cotton

Staff member
Who is "they"?

I'm having a hard time believing many people think like this. I'm inclined to think its more like this guy asserts:

The far left mostly is who I am referring to. They are the ones that want full control of your lives.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
The far left mostly is who I am referring to. They are the ones that want full control of your lives.
strikes me as such a vague categorization, I've never actually met anyone in the flesh that held such extreme views when you actually had a calm, rational dialogue.

it seems like these extremist thoughts float across the sea of discussion and as a result, a boogie man is created for both sides, where the far left or far right is some wizard of oz type of caricature that gets created from all the extremes but actually represents nobody

Cotton

Staff member
strikes me as such a vague categorization, I've never actually met anyone in the flesh that held such extreme views when you actually had a calm, rational dialogue.

it seems like these extremist thoughts float across the sea of discussion and as a result, a boogie man is created for both sides, where the far left or far right is some wizard of oz type of caricature that gets created from all the extremes but actually represents nobody
I do think they are in the vast minority. They don't think they are, but I believe they are.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

In everyday life, you're right. But it does seem to describe these Harvard "experts."

Also, you live in the Dallas area. If you lived in certain parts of the country I bet you'd find people who do have those extreme views.

Top Bottom