The Outrage Thread

BipolarFuk

Demoted
You can't possibly expect democrats to just roll over and accept these judges for the supreme court after team red fucked over Merrick Garland do you?

You fucking twats whine how he is so fucking qualified and should be confirmed easily and immediately.

Well, the same holds true in Garland's case but team red was desperately scrabbling to maintain their grip on power. All other concerns were secondary.

But I imagine you were completely 100% behind the stonewalling of Garland you fucking hypocrite POS.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Who gives a fuck?

Lots of people do.
which makes them psychologically troubled

you really can't discern the difference between denying Garland a vote and 11th hour character assassination? One is evil and the other is not you stupid fuck.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m happy Garland got fucked over. Full disclosure.

I’ll be happy when Kavanaugh is rammed through, too.

I recently saw a panel discussion with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Yeah, nomination #3 could happen any day now. That old bitch couldn’t hardly hold her head up, and had a even harder time negotiating her mouth to speak. I wanted to give her a quilt and a bib.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why did Christine Blasey Ford wait so long? I'll tell you ...

Why did Christine Blasey Ford wait so long? I'll tell you ...

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh seemed all but certain a few days ago, until a woman named Christine Blasey Ford came forward accusing him of sexual assault when they were in high school. The alleged crime having taken place decades ago has prompted many to ask: Why did she wait so long?

I can tell you why.

In a word ... Fear

In my freshman year of college, I was the victim of something quite similar, on my 18th birthday. I understand why Dr. Ford remained silent. She was afraid. Afraid that no one would believe her – after all, she had been drinking. Fear if it went to court, her sex life would be revealed. Fear she would be judged. Fear her name would be dragged through the mud. And she’s not alone.

Rape and sexual assault are the most underreported crimes in our nation. Worldwide, one in three women experience some sexual violence in their lifetime, according to the World Health Organization. Yet it is fear that keeps them from coming forward.

We judge victims of sexual violence harshly in our society. Juries have at times acquitted the accused simply based on the way a woman was dressed.

The issue of how much time has lapsed has even been the subject of a landmark legal case: 1994’s People v. Brown.

But remaining silent doesn’t mean forgetting. It just means suffering in silence. Dr. Ford spoke of the psychological trauma. If you Google “psychological factors that inhibit reporting of sexual violence” you’ll find there are numerous articles and studies on this very issue. But the question still remains: Does the length of time that has lapsed after the alleged incident lessen the significance of a victim’s claim?

It shouldn’t, but it does.

And should she or any other victim be believed? Well the National Sexual Violence Resource Center states that 2 to 10 percent of victims' claims are false. Meaning at least 90 percent are telling the truth.

So if fear prevented her from reporting this, why come forward now? Well for any woman who has been abused by a man and sees that individual gain influence and power years later, it hits you in the face like a bucket of cold water. It’s shocking, startling, unjust. And it’s a reminder. A reminder of the incident, a reminder of the pain and a reminder that you remained silent. Even in light of the #MeToo movement, only a handful will come forward like Dr. Ford. For the rest, the silence continues.

I am guilty of that silence. Just last year, someone from college re-connected with me on Facebook. We talked about what some of our classmates are doing now, including the one from my 18th birthday. When I found out he is a successful professional in chosen career, it sickened me. I wanted to tell someone. But I didn’t. Fear prevented me from picking up the phone.

In coming forward, Dr. Ford is overcoming her fear. And that, I would imagine, will truly help her to heal.

I only wish I could be as brave.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
:lol

Yes, be brave, Mrs. Ford.

I’m currently seeking damages from a babysitter who wiped my ass too hard 34 years ago. Pray for me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That will never be Captain Marvel to me. Easier for a poodle to play Lassie.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You can't possibly expect democrats to just roll over and accept these judges for the supreme court after team red fucked over Merrick Garland do you?

You fucking twats whine how he is so fucking qualified and should be confirmed easily and immediately.

Well, the same holds true in Garland's case but team red was desperately scrabbling to maintain their grip on power. All other concerns were secondary.

But I imagine you were completely 100% behind the stonewalling of Garland you fucking hypocrite POS.
More ignorance from the board dunce.

1) No, actually, I and many others said the Republicans did the wrong thing with the Garland vote delay.

2) Merrick Garland was not owed a confirmation. The Senate must vote to confirm (or not) any choice of the President. A Republican Senate can reject any and every nomination Obama made, if they wanted to. Merrick Garland and Barack Obama wasn't owed shit, and by the way, your team did this first with Robert Bork, so please don't make me laugh about how we owe it to Obama to approve who he nominates.

3) Where the Republicans played dirty was, they actually liked Garland as a moderate pick (though still without owing him a confirmation). The Republicans didn't outright say no, because in reality, he was the best judge a Democrat was going to put forward. They back-pocketed Garland. If Hillary had won the election, they would have confirmed Garland with the quickness as opposed to risking A MORE liberal nomination by Hillary. When Trump won, they could have (should have) gone ahead and voted No on Garland, but I guess that was a formality. The right thing to do was to just say No on Garland and run the risk of the election. Stringing it along was wrong.

4) This current Kavanaugh situation, however, is nothing like the dirty tricks described in 3 above. And it's mighty ironic coming from someone who just threw a temper tantrum the other day about how bad it was to compare kneeling to child rape. Well, it's pretty bad to compare political gamesmanship to rape accusations, you stupid, hypocritical son of a bitch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh seemed all but certain a few days ago, until a woman named Christine Blasey Ford came forward accusing him of sexual assault when they were in high school. The alleged crime having taken place decades ago has prompted many to ask: Why did she wait so long?

I can tell you why.

In a word ... Fear

In my freshman year of college, I was the victim of something quite similar, on my 18th birthday. I understand why Dr. Ford remained silent. She was afraid. Afraid that no one would believe her – after all, she had been drinking. Fear if it went to court, her sex life would be revealed. Fear she would be judged. Fear her name would be dragged through the mud. And she’s not alone.

Rape and sexual assault are the most underreported crimes in our nation. Worldwide, one in three women experience some sexual violence in their lifetime, according to the World Health Organization. Yet it is fear that keeps them from coming forward.

We judge victims of sexual violence harshly in our society. Juries have at times acquitted the accused simply based on the way a woman was dressed.

The issue of how much time has lapsed has even been the subject of a landmark legal case: 1994’s People v. Brown.

But remaining silent doesn’t mean forgetting. It just means suffering in silence. Dr. Ford spoke of the psychological trauma. If you Google “psychological factors that inhibit reporting of sexual violence” you’ll find there are numerous articles and studies on this very issue. But the question still remains: Does the length of time that has lapsed after the alleged incident lessen the significance of a victim’s claim?

It shouldn’t, but it does.

And should she or any other victim be believed? Well the National Sexual Violence Resource Center states that 2 to 10 percent of victims' claims are false. Meaning at least 90 percent are telling the truth.

So if fear prevented her from reporting this, why come forward now? Well for any woman who has been abused by a man and sees that individual gain influence and power years later, it hits you in the face like a bucket of cold water. It’s shocking, startling, unjust. And it’s a reminder. A reminder of the incident, a reminder of the pain and a reminder that you remained silent. Even in light of the #MeToo movement, only a handful will come forward like Dr. Ford. For the rest, the silence continues.

I am guilty of that silence. Just last year, someone from college re-connected with me on Facebook. We talked about what some of our classmates are doing now, including the one from my 18th birthday. When I found out he is a successful professional in chosen career, it sickened me. I wanted to tell someone. But I didn’t. Fear prevented me from picking up the phone.

In coming forward, Dr. Ford is overcoming her fear. And that, I would imagine, will truly help her to heal.

I only wish I could be as brave.
Sorry. This wall of text is just not good enough.

When crimes are allegedly committed, it is imperative that the facts are brought to light as expeditiously as possible.

What the left wants is to create a system where faulty or long-buried memories can't be questioned and subjected to scrutiny because the alleged victim is part of an unempowered class. They essentially want to change the concept of justice, fair hearings, open examination of evidence, because, you know, men control things and she was scared to talk. This is the definition of "privilege" by the way -- alleged female domestic violence or sexual assault victims getting presumptions of truth-telling, and their alleged perpetrators getting presumptions of guilt and heightened punishments.

It doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry. You have to come forward earlier or you cannot expect people to take these accusations seriously when there is a blatantly obvious political motive on the table, 35 years later. How about the fact that Kavanaugh was named to a ridiculously important Federal Appellate Court before his Supreme Court nomination? That wasn't important enough to make Ford get over her fear?

Assume it's true. It still leaves a massive problem. There is not, and never will be, any evidence besides he-said, she-said at this point. That is simply not enough to derail this kind of nomination given the surrounding circumstances and timing.

And everyone knows it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That old bitch couldn’t hardly hold her head up, and had a even harder time negotiating her mouth to speak. I wanted to give her a quilt and a bib.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Truly sad times in this country when you have people here wishing death on an 85 year old woman.

True representatives of the right. I imagine most of you trash feel this way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sorry. This wall of text is just not good enough.

When crimes are allegedly committed, it is imperative that the facts are brought to light as expeditiously as possible.

What the left wants is to create a system where faulty or long-buried memories can't be questioned and subjected to scrutiny because the alleged victim is part of an unempowered class. They essentially want to change the concept of justice, fair hearings, open examination of evidence, because, you know, men control things and she was scared to talk. This is the definition of "privilege" by the way -- alleged female domestic violence or sexual assault victims getting presumptions of truth-telling, and their alleged perpetrators getting presumptions of guilt and heightened punishments.

It doesn't work like that.

I'm sorry. You have to come forward earlier or you cannot expect people to take these accusations seriously when there is a blatantly obvious political motive on the table, 35 years later. How about the fact that Kavanaugh was named to a ridiculously important Federal Appellate Court before his Supreme Court nomination? That wasn't important enough to make Ford get over her fear?

Assume it's true. It still leaves a massive problem. There is not, and never will be, any evidence besides he-said, she-said at this point. That is simply not enough to derail this kind of nomination given the surrounding circumstances and timing.

And everyone knows it.
Not only does this persons experience have any proof value for another person but it’s absolutely absurd to even present one of persons experience as being substantive toward another individual. Are we to believe that even a tragic provable experience of one individual is actually okay to substitute as correlary evidence to an entirely separate individuals claim that they allege may have experiences that are the same. The entire relevance theory to the law absolutely forbids this practice to enter the court rooms. You cannot produce evidence of a separate non connected occurance as being proof of something else. The audacity and dishonest approach of the Democrats that they really care about Professor Fords alleged experience is as transparent as crystal glass. They are simply stalling.

All the antics of dredging up other legitimate victims is just flak to try to influence PR issues with the actual populace hoping that it will look bad for anyone to dispute them because by doing so it will also mean that Professor Fords allegations should carry the same weight.

Top Bottom