The OTA/Mini Camp Thread...

Lotuseater

Banned
I see wilcox is making plays. I really hope there is some glimmer of hope at safety.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I see wilcox is making plays. I really hope there is some glimmer of hope at safety.
Don't get sucked in. He's still a rookie with from a D1-AA school with very little experience at that position since he's a converted RB.

Lotuseater

Banned
Don't get sucked in. He's still a rookie with from a D1-AA school with very little experience at that position since he's a converted RB.
Yeah I know, but distilled down to its basic form I'd feel better about an athlete like Wilcox back there than Mat "whitebread" Johnson. I've seen Reed doughty play, and he sucks.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Whitebread is an athlete.

40: 4.5
Vertical: 38
Shuttle: 4.08
3 cone: 6.84
Broad jump: 10'
Bench: 18 reps

All numbers superior to Wilcox except for broad jump.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You have to distill it down to it's basic form.

He's seen Reed Doughty play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with you there, but at the same time this isn't a Pete Hunter that no one knew about. Wilcox is a safety we all knew about, he played in the Senior Bowl against the best college talent and he showed extremely well. I know that it is only the Senior Bowl, but a lot of teams put a lot of emphasis on those practices. The Tampa Cover Two isn't the most complex system for safeties. In fact it is fairly simple because they run the same zone coverage almost the entire time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

White and Athlete can't be used in the same sentence. It's not proper grammar.

Lotuseater

Banned

Yeah, don't forget to put his world record for exploding Hammies on his state tree there, bro. You keep the faith in whitebread all you want. I'm rooting for Wilcox. I think he's a player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You did say he might be the greatest safety prospect in the history of recorded time, so I see you working for Wilcox.

Lotuseater

Banned
You did say he might be the greatest safety prospect in the history of recorded time, so I see you working for Wilcox.
No, I said he's the best prospect we've drafted in years, and I believe that. I think he and chuch at safety would be our best bet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't...you basically have 2 SS's in that alignment. IMO a FS should serve as a 3rd CB in the base defense...neither Wilcox or Church can do that. That is why this team needs Matt Johnson to step up so badly.

Lotuseater

Banned
I don't...you basically have 2 SS's in that alignment. IMO a FS should serve as a 3rd CB in the base defense...neither Wilcox or Church can do that. That is why this team needs Matt Johnson to step up so badly.
I just meant thay are probably the best two players we have at safety. Might as well play em. Unless you want old ass will Allen starting. I'd prefer to think of him as quality depth, but what do I know.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think Wilcox is the 2nd best S on the roster now. He has potential, but he still has a long way to go. Honestly, McCray is probably better suited to start right now and he was horrid.

Lotuseater

Banned
I don't think Wilcox is the 2nd best S on the roster now. He has potential, but he still has a long way to go. Honestly, McCray is probably better suited to start right now and he was horrid.
Holy shit how can you even say that? There is no way in hell Wilcox is worse than McCray. Right now. You know it too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
How can you say he is better? He played the position for one year at Georgia Southern. I don't know it...I know you like the player, but you are just saying shit and hoping it is true. Outside of watching his highlight tape there is nothing you can tell me about the player. You are a homer, I can relate, but Wilcox has done diddly shit for you to be jerking off about him.

Lotuseater

Banned
How can you say he is better? He played the position for one year at Georgia Southern. I don't know it...I know you like the player, but you are just saying shit and hoping it is true. Outside of watching his highlight tape there is nothing you can tell me about the player. You are a homer, I can relate, but Wilcox has done diddly shit for you to be jerking off about him.
Hey. Douchebag. I'm not going all crazy about Wilcox, but I can damn sure tell when a player is superior to another when the player is McCray. Wilcox is a better option on sheer athleticism. I know he's only player one year, but he looks a hell of a lot more seasoned than that. Calm down.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Uh oh...you appear to be getting upset. Despite calling me a douche bag I am still unconvinced Wilcox is ready to start. Even his position coach says he is "light years" from starting. But hey, Lotuseater has this shit locked down...props for being ahead of the curve.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Holy shit how can you even say that? There is no way in hell Wilcox is worse than McCray. Right now. You know it too.

No one knows that yet. I certainly hope he is but how often do these things work out for us?

Top Bottom