The Odell Beckham Watch Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think Im put my hat in the Cooks ring. What will it take?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would you give the Bucs a call on Godwin or Mike Evans? They are a team going nowhere fast and by the time they figure their shit out those WRs will be done.
They are not trading anybody. They are still scrambling from the wreckage Brady left behind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are not trading anybody. They are still scrambling from the wreckage Brady left behind.
Yeah I mean just thinking of options of teams that may be willing to dump players. None of really knew Gilmore would be an option at corner and then suddenly he is here. Just thinking of teams that may be willing to dump a player knowing they are in rebuild mode. When Baker Mayfield is your QB, you should be rebuilding.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Im put my hat in the Cooks ring. What will it take?
We are desperate for a WR, but you look at Cook's trade history:

-Traded for a 1st and 3rd and change for a 4th.
-Traded with a 4th for a 1st.
-Traded with a 4th for a 2nd.

I would say a 4th and a player would be fine.

All I can say is that beyond the 3rd round, I trade any damn pick for a player that has actually produced in the league.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd give up a 4 for Cooks in a second, I'd also enquire about Godwin/Evans but something tells me Bowles is going to try to compete with some turtleball next year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
We are desperate for a WR, but you look at Cook's trade history:

-Traded for a 1st and 3rd and change for a 4th.
-Traded with a 4th for a 1st.
-Traded with a 4th for a 2nd.

I would say a 4th and a player would be fine.

All I can say is that beyond the 3rd round, I trade any damn pick for a player that has actually produced in the league.
Dorance on the block.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good for them. I don't really want Beckham. I'd really love Addison or Smith-Ngiba in the draft. It all depends how the WR class falls but I may consider a trade up. Hopkins would be great but I worry the price tag will be too much and it's just not a very long term solution.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good for them. I don't really want Beckham. I'd really love Addison or Smith-Ngiba in the draft. It all depends how the WR class falls but I may consider a trade up. Hopkins would be great but I worry the price tag will be too much and it's just not a very long term solution.
No trading up please.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No trading up please.
I almost always hate trading up. Especially any sort of real distance. I think I just am having flashbacks to recent drafts where there is a run on WR's before us. Last year it felt like at least one of the WR's would get to our pick.

Nope you had Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Treylon Burks all gone before pick 20. And honestly, it seems like the NFL has started making it hard to find dynamic WR's outside the first couple rounds in the draft. Most of the good ones go in that range now. And frankly most go in the first round.

I would trade up for Addison or Smith-Njigba but not high. If one of them fell to 20 though? I'd consider it. I was thinking about our draft needs. There aren't really that many big needs. I don't really view TE as a draft need. We need an interior O-lineman but it's probably not going to be an immediate starter. We need a RB but that's something I think can be accomplished late day two or day three based on depth of the draft and the fact that we have a franchise RB in Pollard. On defense we probably still need a 320 pound type NT but who knows if the team will even view it as a need. And honestly sometimes that spot is best filled by a dude who has been in the NFL awhile and just knows his role.

But would I give up a fourth round pick to move up? If it ensures I have my legit starter on the cheap for the next 5 years at WR? Absolutely. I'd prefer that to trading a premium pick for a 30 year old who is here probably a year. Give me Addison and Lamb for the next 4 years and I'm no longer worried much about WR.

Last edited:

GShock

DCC 4Life
I almost always hate trading up. Especially any sort of real distance. I think I just am having flashbacks to recent drafts where there is a run on WR's before us. Last year it felt like at least one of the WR's would get to our pick.

Nope you had Drake London, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Treylon Burks all gone before pick 20. And honestly, it seems like the NFL has started making it hard to find dynamic WR's outside the first couple rounds in the draft. Most of the good ones go in that range now. And frankly most go in the first round.

I would trade up for Addison or Smith-Njigba but not high. If one of them fell to 20 though? I'd consider it. I was thinking about our draft needs. There aren't really that great. I don't really view TE as a draft need. We need an interior O-lineman but it's probably not going to be an immediate starter. Just possibly the starter when Tyron goes down.

But would I give up a fourth round pick to move up? If it ensures I have my legit starter on the cheap for the next 5 years? Absolutely. I'd prefer that to trading a premium pick for a 30 year old who is hear probably a year.
I would not hate moving up a little to get in front of the Giants to get our WR. Would give us a hedge with Lamb when the time comes, too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have this feeling Johnston is going to fall and it wouldn't take a huge trade up to get him. Which I wouldn't hate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Haha

p1_

DCC 4Life
Y'all know that any drafted receiver takes time to adjust. You typically have to wait a while before they get their shit together.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Y'all know that any drafted receiver takes time to adjust. You typically have to wait a while before they get their shit together.
Beckham still has not got his shit together, so what is your point?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom