The Moving Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would love to see you and the missus on House Hunters.

Realtor: And here's the primary bedroom.

Booze: We're white. You can say master.
:lol
I used that on the agent the other day and she was freaking out. I will now say “primary”.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How big is it, and how much do you want for it. My wife has always wanted to move to the Carolinas.

Maybe we could be neighbors...

That was the creepiest thing I have ever seen.. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’ve been trying to move for a year and a half now. Everything exploded. What I could once afford at 400k is now 600-700k.

Good luck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My thing is the asking price on the house. If I don’t get what I want, I am in no hurry.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Have I mentioned how much I love living in my new town? It’s so small and so quiet.

I’m sure I’ll eventually find something to dislike about it, but so far it’s so nice. Going from population of 1,000,000 to a population of 500 is a bit of a culture shock for certain, but it’s all been in a good way.

I called for trash service at 4:30pm the day we moved in. The trash cans were out in front of our house before 5:00pm the same day.

I called city hall to ask where I’d go to find i information on where our sewer is located. They sent a guy out within 15 minutes to basically tell me everything I needed to know to do a bathroom addition. He even offered to do the connection for me when I’m ready.

I’m not used to this level of service. I was blown away in both instances. I don’t need any plans, no permits, no inspections. I can do whatever I want as long as I do it in a manner that is safe and up to standards.

Food is a little high here, and we’re about 25 minutes from everything, but I’ll take the trade off.

Cotton

Staff member
Have I mentioned how much I love living in my new town? It’s so small and so quiet.

I’m sure I’ll eventually find something to dislike about it, but so far it’s so nice. Going from population of 1,000,000 to a population of 500 is a bit of a culture shock for certain, but it’s all been in a good way.

I called for trash service at 4:30pm the day we moved in. The trash cans were out in front of our house before 5:00pm the same day.

I called city hall to ask where I’d go to find i information on where our sewer is located. They sent a guy out within 15 minutes to basically tell me everything I needed to know to do a bathroom addition. He even offered to do the connection for me when I’m ready.

I’m not used to this level of service. I was blown away in both instances. I don’t need any plans, no permits, no inspections. I can do whatever I want as long as I do it in a manner that is safe and up to standards.

Food is a little high here, and we’re about 25 minutes from everything, but I’ll take the trade off.
I absolutely love living out in the country. Yes, I have to go into town for work and stuff, but overall, I am just left the fuck alone, which is all I want.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I absolutely love living out in the country. Yes, I have to go into town for work and stuff, but overall, I am just left the fuck alone, which is all I want.
Truth. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. To do what I want and be left alone if I’m not hurting or bothering anyone.

I’ve found it. It’s not perfect for sure. Our street is pretty nice, there are some trashy looking homes in the area for certain, but you can’t have everything perfect.

I think we’re going to stay here for a long while and buy/fix some properties in this town to rent out.

The guy that came by yesterday to show me the sewer location turned me on to 6 houses for $60k that one guy owns. $10k per house and they aren’t that bad at all. They need an average of $30k or so to be nice rentals, but that’s the kind of stuff I’m looking for. If I can stay here and do it, why not?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I think Booze should move here and go into business with me.

We’ll drink all day and collect rent checks.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd move there too, but I'm legally obligated to tell all the neighbors that I'm there.
Self-owns are always the best. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
I think Booze should move here and go into business with me.

We’ll drink all day and collect rent checks.
I wouldn't be opposed to moving to OK. :unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
tornadoes scare me :skurred
Most homes come with cellars these days. You'd be fine.

But unfortunately homeowners insurance is pretty pricey because of all the severe weather.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Most homes come with cellars these days. You'd be fine.

But unfortunately homeowners insurance is pretty pricey because of all the severe weather.
I expected it to be more than it is. We’re paying like $120 per month.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Welcome home, amigo.

Top Bottom