The Mazi Smith Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he's lost some weight but I'm not sure if it's as much as 30 pounds and it's unclear why.
Considering the Cowboys list him as 337 pounds I can say with 100 percent certainty he has lost significant weight from that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that turd can't get off the ball quicker than he does, it won't matter what he weighs. I don't watch much college football so I loved that they went with a big guy for the middle BUT no way in hell I would have drafted him if he was that slow off the ball in college too, which I assume was the case. Offensive linemen are going to continue to put him on skates if they're on him before he even gets his ass out of his stance
Yeah he is the last one to even start moving on almost every snap. How is it even possible? Like watch the ball, start moving when the ball starts moving.

College tape was kind of weird because Michigan had him doing a lot of read and react stuff. There was no attacking at the snap.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If that turd can't get off the ball quicker than he does, it won't matter what he weighs. I don't watch much college football so I loved that they went with a big guy for the middle BUT no way in hell I would have drafted him if he was that slow off the ball in college too, which I assume was the case. Offensive linemen are going to continue to put him on skates if they're on him before he even gets his ass out of his stance
Started to prop.

Saw av and couldn't.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Oh, so I guess now the coaching staff is to blame. Not Mazi for sucking, or not wanting it enough. (Remember the midseason pep talk Parsons had to give him about working harder?)

No, Mazi is the innocent victim here.

GTFO, John Owning.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh, so I guess now the coaching staff is to blame. Not Mazi for sucking, or not wanting it enough. (Remember the midseason pep talk Parsons had to give him about working harder?)

No, Mazi is the innocent victim here.

GTFO, John Owning.
That still does not explain the weight loss.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Right. The scary part is that there are Cowboys staff who thought it would be a good idea to try to turn a fat boy run stopper into a quick twitch 3 tech.
IF they did it, it was because he was so bad at NT.

They specifically said they drafted him to stop the run. So it's not like they wanted to convert him into something else.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Again I ask, where are the "reporters" around this team to answer questions like this? It shouldn't still be this big a mystery. Why are we still guessing based on Broaddus speculation?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Again I ask, where are the "reporters" around this team to answer questions like this? It shouldn't still be this big a mystery. Why are we still guessing based on Broaddus speculation?
I don't know if this is where it started but I read it was heard on Patrik no c Walkers podcast. If you want to go spend some time tracking ot down it might have legs and we can run it back.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
It would fit with what the Cowboys like to do.

Drafting an elite LB wasn't good enough for them. They had to make him into a tiny full time pass rusher that is just about done by week 12.

Drafting an elite run stopping (supposedly) DT wasn't good enough for them. They wanted to make him into a penetrating, pass rushing 3 tech and failed miserably.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, why doesn’t someone who’s paid or not paid to cover the team asking about this?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably because it would make Jerry uncomfortable.
It's not even a hard hitting question. It's like there is a gag order that has been handed out. Hell Bryan could easily ask about it himself couldn't he? Like hey, I noticed Mazi has slimmed down a bit, is the team asking him to lose weight or is it something that just naturally happened as the season went on?

This just shouldn't be a mystery. And yet it is. So weird.

Top Bottom