The Mazi Smith Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
God I miss the days of Parcells just calling guys out.

Now I guess everyone is so afraid of hurting their feelers, they can't get within a hundred miles of criticism.
This team is all about marketing and sunshine pumping. They have no ability to takes guys down a peg because that might not help sell tickets. They have to treat everyone like a star in the making.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This team is all about marketing and sunshine pumping. They have no ability to takes guys down a peg because that might not help sell tickets. They have to treat everyone like a star in the making.
Plus Stephen drafted the guy, so criticizing him would be criticizing himself.

He's like Jerry in that way... No objectivity.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
God I miss the days of Parcells just calling guys out.

Now I guess everyone is so afraid of hurting their feelers, they can't get within a hundred miles of criticism.
In today's world, Parcells is a dinosaur, an outdated, extinct relic... players are coddled and pampered b/c anything do wrong isn't their fault. We're in the age of participation awards where trying = winning.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
In today's world, Parcells is a dinosaur, an outdated, extinct relic... players are coddled and pampered b/c anything do wrong isn't their fault. We're in the age of participation awards where trying = winning.
While I'm in favor of college kids getting paid considering all the money they generate, NIL is a huge exacerbator of the coddling and pampering of today's athletes.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, it was Quinn's fault that Mazi couldn't get off the ball before two Mississippi and got pushed back yards by average guards.

And Zim will fix it all.

Go sell crazy someplace else, you Pockmarked Fuck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, it was Quinn's fault that Mazi couldn't get off the ball before two Mississippi and got pushed back yards by average guards.

And Zim will fix it all.

Go sell crazy someplace else, you Pockmarked Fuck.
Sounds like the pockmark thing is starting to stick.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"Learning." :lol Like he had a complicated playbook to digest.
The only part I found remotely interesting from what that dolt had to say was the part about the role he will be asked to support in Zimmer’s design will be similar to he did at Michigan.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
those guys could play football. Their stupid was off the field. Sam plays with his.
Sam is kid that never really had to be counted on. Seems immature and hasnt taken his craft serious enough. But now he knows hes getting his chance and will be counted on. And he is coming up on 2025 being a contract year. Maybe this is what he needs to get his shite together?

He has the talent. Its not a stretch so see him go from 4.5 sacks to double digits given double the playing time.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
He is built a lot like Vonn Miller. Everyone talks about Parsons like he always had his hand in the dirt last year. But I remember him having a two point stance a lot. Even Lawrence rushed from a two point stance a good amount. Sure they were rushing the passer from. that two point stance but that's no different than most 3-4 OLBers. So last year when the Cowboys had 3 down lineman and Parsons with his hand off the ground, it's sort of a 3-4 concept.
What are the chances that Zimmer uses Parsons more in his traditional MLB role on first downs or running downs? Zimmer is a guy that believes that stopping the run is the #1 priority. Not a bad idea. Clark, Parsons, Kendricks on the 3 linebackers on first down. Would certainly go a long way to be better against the run. Parsons to DE and Overshown in at LB on passing downs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Its not a stretch so see him go from 4.5 sacks to double digits given double the playing time.

It's an enormous stretch actually.

Could he do it? Sure, it's possible.

Should they be counting on that? No, that's dumb.

The good news is they don't need him to. 6-7 sacks would be a nice improvement and would help out a bunch.

I don't know if he'll even do that. I don't have a lot of faith in him at this point. Although I agree the talent is there, I don't know that the headspace is.

Perhaps an even bigger issue is, who is there after Williams? That's a big mystery. And that's just the normal rotational production we're missing.

God forbid there are injuries at the position.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Double the playing time probably doubles his boneheaded penalties, too. :doh

Top Bottom