The Gun Control Debate Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Was it at the trial stage? Maybe they thought they were facing an unsympathetic jury.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

shoop

Semi-contributing member
One encouraging/scary thing is that 23 states have passed laws discontinuing the need to have a license to carry a firearm concealed. Ohio is one of the most recent.

I have mixed feelings. I like to have mine because then reciprocity covers me in other states. It also allows any one to carry. There are enough idiots I would prefer have training but I also agree with not restricting rights. It’s a fine line.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One encouraging/scary thing is that 23 states have passed laws discontinuing the need to have a license to carry a firearm concealed. Ohio is one of the most recent.

I have mixed feelings. I like to have mine because then reciprocity covers me in other states. It also allows any one to carry. There are enough idiots I would prefer have training but I also agree with not restricting rights. It’s a fine line.
I'm on the fence, too, kinda. I think people should be trained in ho to handle a weapon safely, but at the same time, do we want the govt to know who has a weapons permit?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I live in Missouri where we did away with requiring a conceal and carry. I can honestly say it didn't change a whole lot of anything except reduce the crime of having a firearm with no permit. I don't carry because anytime a fire arm is pulled or shown it seems like prosecutors find a way to prosecute that person. It's kind of BS and sort pf defeats the purpose of self defense.

I deal with a lot of unlawful use of a weapon charges because a person displays a firearm when they are faced with someone they think will harm them. It's stupid.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
do we want the govt to know who has a weapons permit?
This is the main thing I have a problem with, after the last couple years I don't trust the govt at all.

I deal with a lot of unlawful use of a weapon charges because a person displays a firearm when they are faced with someone they think will harm them. It's stupid.
I have my ccw which I got many years ago before Texas enacted no license required and my instructor back then said you only pull your gun if you're ready to shoot. He went into it a lot more giving examples and basically he said a brandishing/deadly conduct charge is hard to beat

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
She doesn't think black people have guns? She should spend a weekend in Chicago.

Cotton

Staff member
She doesn't think black people have guns? She should spend a weekend in Chicago.
Hell, I just posted a video of a black guy shooting a criminal in the face and probably saving lives.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

That dog has been thru some shit

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hell, I just posted a video of a black guy shooting a criminal in the face and probably saving lives.
Gun ranges/gun shows are some of the most diverse places around

Top Bottom