The Gun Control Debate Thread

Spaulding

DCC 4Life

That dog has been thru some shit
If that shelter is government ran, or receives any government dollars then they are going to get sued for that as it is clearly bullshit. You can't force or coerce someone to acquiesce to a political opinion in exchange for services if you are attached in any way to the government.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If that shelter is government ran, or receives any government dollars then they are going to get sued for that as it is clearly bullshit. You can't force or coerce someone to acquiesce to a political opinion in exchange for services if you are attached in any way to the government.
100% correct.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
100% correct.
She claims she will sue anybody who lies on the application about their political stance for fraud.

Anyway sounds like the shelter survives through donors. A number of donors who don't support her gun control and are likely to pull that financial support. So good luck with that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

He has armed security

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Can somebody explain to me how in the fuck a mass shooting happens in a state that has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the entire country?

Don’t tell me gun laws don’t work, but also tell me how they do.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Can somebody explain to me how in the fuck a mass shooting happens in a state that has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the entire country?

Don’t tell me gun laws don’t work, but also tell me how they do.
I assume you mean New York. The rest of the state isn’t quite as bad as NYC. But still even as a law abiding citizen there are ways around laws even if you don’t intend to do anything wrong.

having said that people who hate that deeply or are that disturbed will find a way to do what they want to do. We as Americans don’t want a police state and without going to that extreme there will always be people who push the limits.

side topic the American media, lack of proper healthcare, and the Interest of politicians in lining their pockets rather than working toward the good of the common people all are issues.

The political system in our country needs more rules in place for them starting with term limits and working forward from there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume you mean New York. The rest of the state isn’t quite as bad as NYC. But still even as a law abiding citizen there are ways around laws even if you don’t intend to do anything wrong.

having said that people who hate that deeply or are that disturbed will find a way to do what they want to do. We as Americans don’t want a police state and without going to that extreme there will always be people who push the limits.

side topic the American media, lack of proper healthcare, and the Interest of politicians in lining their pockets rather than working toward the good of the common people all are issues.

The political system in our country needs more rules in place for them starting with term limits and working forward from there.
I think he is talking about Illinois where a person shot up the parade today.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I think he is talking about Illinois where a person shot up the parade today.
I just saw this. I avoid mass media for the most part. Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in the country. Ridiculous the amount of laws they have in place for ordinary citizens not to be able to defend themselves and yet have a ridiculous amount of shootings.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just saw this. I avoid mass media for the most part. Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in the country. Ridiculous the amount of laws they have in place for ordinary citizens not to be able to defend themselves and yet have a ridiculous amount of shootings.
Yes but this was in Highland Park, which is the same Chicago suburb that was in Ferris Bueller and Risky Business.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

JFC. How long until we find out the FBI knew about him

Top Bottom