The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
At this point I'm just hoping for herd immunity and that it's slowed enough to not overwhelm hospitals.
Unless they quickly find a vaccine that can be mass produced and distributed world wide at a record pace, then it seems pretty clear all we're doing is delaying the inevitable so hospitals aren't overwhelmed and in the hope we can slow down infections to give time for a vaccine to be found but the latter is no guarantee and could take years or never happen at all.

Given the massive costs to the economy, quality of life, effect on mental health to many and the unrest that is exacerbated by too much time on peoples hands, I wonder if we wouldn't be better off having the gov do a massive, nationwide program of auxiliary temporary hospitals (I thought we already did this in many places and don't understand whey they would have ever been taken down--assuming they have) to handle massive uptake In infections & get PPE and any drugs stock piled for several worse case scenarios.

Then remove all restraints and tell everyone to go live at whatever risk they want to take on but if your elderly or have pre-existing conditions then recommend they stay quarantined (at their choice) until herd immunity is achieved or a vaccine is discovered.

Am I missing something? Is this crazy talk?

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Fuck I saw a bunch of people with COVID today. Still more dumbasses coming in who know they have it but have nausea or bodyaches or some other typical symptoms which don't at all justify endangering the lives of others with an ER visit. People suck.

But I also had two old people with mild symptoms but horrible looking imaging and low O2. I'm worried Dallas hospitals are gonna be overwhelmed shortly just as Houston is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, the wife of one of my employees got it. He and her both are now quarantined at home for 14 days.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Welp, the wife of one of my employees got it. He and her both are now quarantined at home for 14 days.

My boss' grandson has it and they were all together this past weekend.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I see people wearing masks alone in their car while driving. Why?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Physician Assistant that works with me just got it. :mad: Luckily she's young and healthy as hell.

Top Bottom