The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So you think testing every single person in the country is an option? So what do we do with the people that test pos+ for the antibodies but never get sick? Do we demand everyone they come in contact with quarantine for 2 weeks? Who is going to enforce this? And why does anyone think we will go along with it?

Yea fuck that, I have no doubt that would be abused by the tyrants in power
my response was to your comment:

Why test people who don't have symptoms is my guess. Cmon I mean I'm not going to get tested because I'm not sick...
I was pointing out the potential value to being tested, not telling you to, judging you for not, etc

I also didn't say testing everyone in the country is an option, not sure where you got that impression (I speculated it would be nice and admitted it was a pipe dream because no such cheap home test exists). I also said the testing loses its value rather quickly once exposed to others who may have the virus.

I think there is value to testing if you're in a circle you can control well like I am in so If I knew I had it and was asymptomatic, I would work extra hard not to expose others I care about to infection, I would think anyone would want that until a vaccine is created and available. Inversely, if my girlfriend and I were both tested and either already had it or didn't have it, we could start hanging out more.

The device I mentioned is theoretical and what I envisioned is for home use and not connected to anyone or government. If you don't want one, fine, I would because it would help me manage my own risk and my risk of exposing others. Anything could be abused by a so called "tyrant", it doesnt mean it still shouldn't exist (imo).

And if its proven that those who have been sick (& have antibodies) are no longer contagious, then testing would reveal those who are not contagious and who's antibodies could be donated to help treat the infected

The bottom line is we have a difficult problem to manage and need to use every reasonable tool we can find to manage things until a vaccine is created or herd amenity is achieved.

Hand waiving it all away and doing nothing or fearing doing something because it could be abused by a tyrant is currently not a view I hold, ymmv

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why test people who don't have symptoms is my guess. Cmon I mean I'm not going to get tested because I'm not sick...
You don't know. One of our workers had it and displayed no real symptoms. Contracted it from his nurse wife.

bkeavs

Not So New Member
I just got my results yesterday and was positive for Covid 19 antibodies with a 7.2 number. I had mild to no symptoms. My boss had the same thing. We had 15 employees in our company test positive. None of which were hospitalized. All men in there early 20's to late '40s
Some guys had a fever for days and missed work for a week. Nothing life-threatening. I'm also in NY

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is a segment in the medical community who want to inflate the numbers. I don’t know their agenda but I suspect it is tied to money. I have a friend whose cousin died of a heart attack and he was categorized as a Covid victim. The son tried to correct the cause but was told it can’t be changed once it is listed as Covid causation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a segment in the medical community who want to inflate the numbers. I don’t know their agenda but I suspect it is tied to money. I have a friend whose cousin died of a heart attack and he was categorized as a Covid victim. The son tried to correct the cause but was told it can’t be changed once it is listed as Covid causation.
There was a plant here in Missouri where like 400 people tested positive. Most weren't sick at all.

I think far more people have gotten it and passed it on with never knowing then we have any idea right now.

My daughter had a fever for a few days like 10 days ago. I never once thought she had the virus.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I just got my results yesterday and was positive for Covid 19 antibodies with a 7.2 number. I had mild to no symptoms. My boss had the same thing. We had 15 employees in our company test positive. None of which were hospitalized. All men in there early 20's to late '40s
Some guys had a fever for days and missed work for a week. Nothing life-threatening. I'm also in NY
Awesome news! What does the 7.2 number signify?

I'm actually getting the test today. Had to jump through all kinds of hoops because Quest's system is all jacked up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You can shove your apology up your entitled ass, judge. You work for the people not the other way around, jackwagon
His job is to uphold the law, but he's certainly within his right to question the legality of these so called executive orders that are edicted without legislation. Since when are these being assumed to have such force?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
The son tried to correct the cause but was told it can’t be changed once it is listed as Covid causation.
I hate bullshit answers like this, fucking lackeys, think for yourself and dont accept this kind of nonsense from "superiors"

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
There was a plant here in Missouri where like 400 people tested positive. Most weren't sick at all.

I think far more people have gotten it and passed it on with never knowing then we have any idea right now.

My daughter had a fever for a few days like 10 days ago. I never once thought she had the virus.
has she been tested and shown to have had C19?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
seems to me she was jailed for not kissing the judges and other city "officials" asses since the judge said she could avoid jail time by merely apologizing

If these are the facts, that's infuriating as neither the judges or other government yahoos hurt feelings should never enter into whether someone gets jail time imho

Having said that, I think she is grandstanding for attention and publicity. She could have quietly continue to do work by appointment and ask forgiveness (if necessary) vs permission but instead she and others wanted to make a show out of the issue. By all accounts, its paying off as there's supposedly a Gofundme account with over $500K raised for her not to mention the publicity this will bring to her biz for years to come

dont know if this is legit but $500K+ has been raised so far:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
has she been tested and shown to have had C19?
No, they didn't want to do anything. Her pediatrician just said to see if the fever goes down and if it doesn't in a few days call. Basically what I'm saying is people with really mild symptoms or no symptoms aren't even going to get tested. And I think that means a pretty large percentage of the population probably has had it pass through without anyone knowing. Which in a way is good because it means that maybe we have better herd immunity than experts realize or give credit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No, they didn't want to do anything. Her pediatrician just said to see if the fever goes down and if it doesn't in a few days call. Basically what I'm saying is people with really mild symptoms or no symptoms aren't even going to get tested. And I think that means a pretty large percentage of the population probably has had it pass through without anyone knowing. Which in a way is good because it means that maybe we have better herd immunity than experts realize or give credit.

I have a cousin who went through the same thing. She was in contact with someone who tested positive and she herself was showing mild symptoms. She wasn't tested and was basically told to monitor it from home from what I understand.

Top Bottom