The Coronavirus Thread...

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Tested positive this morning. Sent home from work. I am vaccinated :( Still gettin paid though!

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Smitty

DCC 4Life
deliberately?
I was considering getting the vaccine, probably would have actually, I just wanted to wait a little.

Then I got Covid in September and thus saw no reason to run out and get the Vaccine. Now that I (probably) have it a second time, the same thing, no reason to rush out to get the Vaccine for another time being. Neither prior infection nor vaccine prevents you from getting it, just the worst symptoms, anyway.

But there may come a day in the future where I elect to get the vaccine.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I was considering getting the vaccine, probably would have actually, I just wanted to wait a little.

Then I got Covid in September and thus saw no reason to run out and get the Vaccine. Now that I (probably) have it a second time, the same thing, no reason to rush out to get the Vaccine for another time being. Neither prior infection nor vaccine prevents you from getting it, just the worst symptoms, anyway.

The natural immunity thing doesn’t do much apparently

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I know a lot of people who have been sick the last week, all of them thought it was covid, turned out in nearly all that it wasn’t.

I wonder if we’ve all ruined our immune systems by doing everything possible not to get a cold the last few years. Masks, gloves, washing your hands 40 times a day.

Maybe common colds are kicking people’s asses because the immune system is a weak bitch now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know a lot of people who have been sick the last week, all of them thought it was covid, turned out in nearly all that it wasn’t.

I wonder if we’ve all ruined our immune systems by doing everything possible not to get a cold the last few years. Masks, gloves, washing your hands 40 times a day.

Maybe common colds are kicking people’s asses because the immune system is a weak bitch now.
That’s a very fair question.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Speaking of, I’m recently having allergies like I havent in years. Makes me wonder if it’s the vax. It’s pretty bad.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

The recent data from South Africa shows that if you have Omicron it gives you immunity for Delta. That is great because a very low % of folks with Omicron are getting extremely sick. Delta will die off completely and hopefully this will become a regular endemic.

Sadly, our politicians have elections to win and people to scare so the fear machine must stay cranked up!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sadly, our politicians have elections to win and people to scare so the fear machine must stay cranked up!
And lots of money by all kinds of different companies to be made also.

That's why the longer this goes on, the more entrenched the machine becomes and the less likely we ever go back to pre-covid normal. I'm afraid we've gone too long already.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, Fauci getting lit up pretty good again today.

Saw him crying that criticizing him is leading to death threats. Ergo, you shouldn't be allowed to challenge him. :rolleyes

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So why aren’t these people admitting that they lied and sent the public into a panic for political purposes?

If it bleeds, it leads.

Fuck all of these people who have upended all of our lives when all they had to do is tell sickly people to protect themselves because this shit will likely kill them.

Think of all the healthy people who have lost their life savings, their homes, their sanity. Because why? Because the government wanted to flex and show how they can ruin lives through mandate?

Bless the people who have lost a loved one, especially the unexplainable, the healthy 30/40/50yr old who got taken out by this. It’s truly a tragic and you wonder why it chose certain healthy people to kill, but it did.

Now let’s have a moment of silence for the K-12 children and young adults who felt the effects way deeper than any of us will ever really understand. The kid who committed suicide because he looked on social media and saw friends gathering while he was being protected by parents who wanted to shelter him or her out of love and fear. The elderly who died alone because their families wanted to be responsible. Let us not forget the non-essential among us who were forced to stay home, fall behind, and lose everything because fear sells.

Fuck the CDC, fuck the political class, and fuck the morons who sold the fear every night on the airwaves.

Top Bottom