The Coronavirus Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
ESPN had an article the other day about how vaccinated NBA workers are afraid because some players aren't vaccinated. I was like, holy fuck either the writer is stupid or the employees are. The vaccine literally protects the person who gets it. If it works why the hell are you scared of the unvaccinated. If it doesn't work, why the hell do you care if others are vaccinated or not.

Ultimately I'm sure it was just a typical liberal leaning ESPN.com article but gosh people make no sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In all fairness you have to also know the percentage of the population that is vaccinated to make too much sense of those numbers.
That's a fair point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Why is no one asking the obvious question of why are healthcare workers refusing to get the vax?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have a lot of friends that work in the medical field including 3 doctors that refuse the vaccine. One of my best fiends left UMC in Lubbock after 21 years there because of vaccine pressure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a lot of friends that work in the medical field including 3 doctors that refuse the vaccine. One of my best fiends left UMC in Lubbock after 21 years there because of vaccine pressure.
Yeah I know a kid who just dropped out of nursing school because they were mandating all students get vaccinated. This is going to have a serious impact on the number of health care workers in this country and it's insanely unnecessary. They need to stop propagating the false narrative that the vaccine stops the spread.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Why is no one asking the obvious question of why are healthcare workers refusing to get the vax?
Because they don't give a fuck.

My wife works for another hospital system that is based out of NC, and they're supposed to be vaccinated by next month.

She'll be fired, because she's not going to quit.

Worked at this hospital for over 15 years in different capacities...full-time for awhile, only weekends for a few years, and PRN for the last few years.

She is a nursing instructor at our local technical college, so has only been able to work weekends for the last 6 years...but she helps them out any time they are short staffed on weekends.

In fact, throughout the pandemic she has been called in at a moment's notice to cover for employees out with COVID. The entire OB dept was infected and she actually took time off of her normal job to help them out and cover many shifts that they couldn't get help on.

And now she'll be fired.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
There is no damn way they can know that. God damn, everyone wants their slice of the Covid money pie.
Although, this might fuck with their whole vaccine passport idea, so I'm here for it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How hard are they hoping he croaks...

Top Bottom