The Coronavirus Thread...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Or the country would quickly head the way of Venezuela or South Korea, or Saudi Arabi, or China? We are headed down that road too damn fast for my liking. Big corps have gotten so big that they have so much influence in political arenas that the "free market" just might (is) controlled by the left. Kinda scary to allow a faulty free market to walk on its own without a little govt guidance.

Wouldn't big government parties stfu if businesses told them to? Yes is the answer.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So the problem is that businesses are too big, coddled by the government and the general population is stupid? Got it.

Y'all big government republicans are part of the damn problem
I'm for shrinking the govt but we do have to stop thinking we can play nice. Doing that is why we're in the position we are, It's past time we go on offense to stop CRT and letting the left dictate policy and if that means using their own rules against them so be it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So what happens when TXU requires a proof of vaccination to get your power turned on? Still think we shouldn't nip this in the bud?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No the government isn't the hammer to get things done. Smart people are the correct tool to use here.
And, there, ladies and gents; in lies the problem.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the problem is that businesses are too big, coddled by the government and the general population is stupid? Got it.

Y'all big government republicans are part of the damn problem
I feel like this was my argument as to why business should be allowed to allow indoor smoking. Let the business decide what's best for them. It will either give them a unique market or they will fail.

Do I want to go eat in a room filled with cigarette smoke? Not really but it's not the governments choice. Or at least it shouldn't be.

I don't agree with a business only catering to vaccinated folk. Wouldn't get my business but I think they have a right to.

Cotton

Staff member
I am going to have to eat crow. Skid is right, Let the free market decide. I have always been free market.

I smoked some Delta 8 and my brain went stupid. Thanks, @mcnuttz

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I am going to have to eat crow. Skid is right, Let the free market decide. I have always been free market.

Is that the new fangled stuff that booze shoulda snorted during the draft?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I live in a place where businesses could chose to require masks or not. Did I stop going to Menards because they required it? Absolutely. I remember shopping for a riding lawn mower, I good size purchase, wouldn't even look at the places that required masks. Ended up getting it from Lowes who had no mask requirement here.

I think Menards had a right to make that choice but it definitely hurt their bottom dollar in my area. And they were ones that really enforced it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah I live in a place where businesses could chose to require masks or not. Did I stop going to Menards because they required it? Absolutely. I remember shopping for a riding lawn mower, I good size purchase, wouldn't even look at the places that required masks. Ended up getting it from Lowes who had no mask requirement here.

I think Menards had a right to make that choice but it definitely hurt their bottom dollar in my area. And they were ones that really enforced it.
A reasonable response.

If they choose to do this, you're free to do this...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God I fucking hate nuts like this. Some people have really valid reasons for not wanting a vaccine. But people like this make them sound crazy.
All this stupid ass shit does is make things more polarizing as a very dumb segment of the population (probably huge) believes it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The American public is being turned in to magnetized robots willingly!!!

Cotton

Staff member
The American public is being turned in to magnetized robots willingly!!!
I felt the same way about 2 weeks ago, but I just walked into Starbucks here in San Antonio that had a definitive "masks required" on the door, and 90% of people walked right past the sign without masks on. I think people as a whole are over this shit.

Top Bottom