The Coronavirus Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DeSantis signed a bill that will fine businesses 5 grand every time they ask a customer to show proof of vaccination. This is how you govern, folks. :towel

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't watch or listen to that show, but who was the dumbass Rogan was talking to? He seemed like he'd barely heard of any of this stuff, if at all.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Oh, lookie there, that piece of shit Fauci now is urging the Chinese to release information and he’s really on board with the origin probe now.

What ever could have changed his tune?

Cotton

Staff member
I think it’s absurd to close down certain crowd activities and people still will go to grocery stores, movie theaters, shopping malls etc. What we are seeing is that the various heads of certain activities and political leaders are shutting down their venues or work places because they do not wish to be blamed or criticized for something or held responsible in the event of lawsuits.. Their actions may or may not have any effect on anything.
Spot on, LT.

Cotton

Staff member

This is my take on this. It should be up to the individual businesses to shut down or not. The government shouldn't be the ones dictating this.
Since day one I was against the shut downs. I may or may not continue to post my receipts.

Cotton

Staff member
I agree with you that people are stupid and have to protected from themselves occasionally, but for the government to mandate it could spell disaster for most small businesses. Especially if they mandate they pay their employees while they are closed.
:unsure

Cotton

Staff member
This is going to put a lot of businesses out of business. The government shouldn't be mandating whether a business can be open or not. The tweet I posted yesterday was spot on. If you give up your rights that easily without a fight then you can't expect for them to come back. Or, you resign yourself to having them taken away so easily next time there is a scare.
Hmm...

Cotton

Staff member
This is what I'm talking about. If we give up part of our rights too easily, many more rights could disappear over night. We have to be very careful here.
Like the right to walk around without a mask on, and the right to eat wherever you like.

Cotton

Staff member
There is never a situation where government overreach is warranted. Never ever never. You give up your liberties and the government will never give them back. Remember how the income tax was just to pay for World War I? Yeah, me too.
Yep.

Cotton

Staff member

Still stands.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So wait, your main source to quote to substantiate your position is yourself? What a damn piece......

.....of brilliant work! I like your style here.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gov’t mandates were to cover their asses by being as extreme as possible in limiting transmission, regardless of the cost to the economy. They were trying to manipulate folks into wearing masks to minimize the numbers, period

If you’ve been vaccinated, you don’t need a mask.

If you are asymptomatic you could still transmit the disease but obviously not nearly to the degree of a symptomatic person— especially because you’re not coughing all over the place.

Those emails don’t say anything except that symptomatic > asymptomatic. Well... duh.

Obviously a mask is better than nothing because it stops spittle. But anything less than kn95 can’t protect vs a true airborne virus— which this has not been.

The real answer, like most things, lies in between.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Gov’t mandates were to cover their asses by being as extreme as possible in limiting transmission, regardless of the cost to the economy. They were trying to manipulate folks into wearing masks to minimize the numbers, period

If you’ve been vaccinated, you don’t need a mask.

If you are asymptomatic you could still transmit the disease but obviously not nearly to the degree of a symptomatic person— especially because you’re not coughing all over the place.

Those emails don’t say anything except that symptomatic > asymptomatic. Well... duh.

Obviously a mask is better than nothing because it stops spittle. But anything less than kn95 can’t protect vs a true airborne virus— which this has not been.

The real answer, like most things, lies in between.
I haven't been vaccinated and I have no plans to be, then again I haven't stopped living my life and ignored the bullshit orders of wannabe tyrants from the start of this "it's just going to be 2 weeks"

But yeah "those emails" show how much of a liar Fauci was

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom