The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
"abundance of caution" is how I think Covid and most government things are run, there's no upside for doing well, no bonuses, etc, so government becomes one big game of pain avoidance

So I dont think its some grand conspiracy when gov does crazy shit, its just the confluence of pain avoidance coupled with the theory of "abundance of caution" that cause everyone in charge to think "I dont want to be the one that authorized people to live their lives because if even one person dies, that would be a tragedy" Which is understandable but unrealistic to ever expect the gov to take on that responsibility plus we all gotta die so let people live free, make choices and suffer the consequences of those choices, whether they be good or bad.

I was listing to Crenshaw being interview on the Joe Rogan podcast and they hit on something I think is accurate. Republicans tend to be more risk tolerant and Democrats tend to be risk averse and therein lies the tension of so many issues

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

They will never let this go.
interesting, I spent an hour on the phone with a Canadian and he said they cant get vaccines because they're allocated to the US first and none are manufactured in Canada but I'm sure that twit got one

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Republicans tend to be more risk tolerant and Democrats tend to be risk averse and therein lies the tension of so many issues
Not speaking on the general public, but more political leaders. are Democratic leaders more risk averse, or do they just want the public to be more risk averse? A more risk adverse public is a more reliant public.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Not speaking on the general public, but more political leaders. are Democratic leaders more risk averse, or do they just want the public to be more risk averse? A more risk adverse public is a more reliant public.
I'm just spit-ballin' here but I think Democrats tend to believe central authority can solve problems and usher in utopia (which ironically comes from the greek word meaning "no place" or "nowhere" or better said as a place that doesnt exist**) and develop a righteous indignation over anyone who has the audacity to oppose their altruistic ways.

They might ask "why wouldn't you want health care for all?", thinking anyone who opposes this ideas is selfish, hates people, etc when in reality those that oppose it dont oppose the idea or the concept, they simply understand the realities of what happens when the government tries to take on such a task, begins to fix prices, remove competition, etc, etc. The end result is worse health care for all, thats where the opposition lies imo (aka in reality).

There's also those who've become intoxicated by the power, prestige, praise and feelings of virtue they receive from their followers and in the process they'll say and do anything to pander to those that will allow this to continue and this likely applies to some from both sides

There's nuance for everyone from both sides but in general, I'd agree with the idea that democrats tend to be more risk averse and like central authority whereas those who don't identify as Democrats tend to be more independent, enjoy engaging in higher levels of risk (& dont see that as a bad thing) and believe they have little need for government in their lives.

If I had to sum up what I think encapsulates most of the ideas enacted upon or proposed by Democrats it would be:

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

** not my thoughts, this was pointed out by Joe or Dan Crenshaw during their podcast

Cotton

Staff member
I'm just spit-ballin' here but I think Democrats tend to believe central authority can solve problems and usher in utopia (which ironically comes from the greek word meaning "no place" or "nowhere" or better said as a place that doesnt exist**) and develop a righteous indignation over anyone who has the audacity to oppose their altruistic ways.

They might ask "why wouldn't you want health care for all?", thinking anyone who opposes this ideas is selfish, hates people, etc when in reality those that oppose it dont oppose the idea or the concept, they simply understand the realities of what happens when the government tries to take on such a task, begins to fix prices, remove competition, etc, etc. The end result is worse health care for all, thats where the opposition lies imo (aka in reality).

There's also those who've become intoxicated by the power, prestige, praise and feelings of virtue they receive from their followers and in the process they'll say and do anything to pander to those that will allow this to continue and this likely applies to some from both sides

There's nuance for everyone from both sides but in general, I'd agree with the idea that democrats tend to be more risk averse and like central authority whereas those who don't identify as Democrats tend to be more independent, enjoy engaging in higher levels of risk (& dont see that as a bad thing) and believe they have little need for government in their lives.

If I had to sum up what I think encapsulates most of the ideas enacted upon or proposed by Democrats it would be:

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

** not my thoughts, this was pointed out by Joe or Dan Crenshaw during their podcast
I do appreciate all the words, and I agree with all of it, but you could have summed it up with one word, control. The Dems want full control of your life, and that is their main motivation. Now, the general Dem voting populace I can't speak on, but there is a reason they are voting for this nonsense.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I do appreciate all the words, and I agree with all of it, but you could have summed it up with one word, control. The Dems want full control of your life, and that is their main motivation. Now, the general Dem voting populace I can't speak on, but there is a reason they are voting for this nonsense.

lol, economy of words is not my best attribute but I'm working on it

I'd agree but I don't think its because they are tyrant, hitler types bent on world domination, elevation of the master race, etc all masterplanned from their lair at the Eagles Nest. They actually believe they know what's best for people and therefore need that control to protect people from themselves (& others) and think they're actually doing "good". They probably like being told what to do as well and love relinquishing control to "authority" so it feels perfectly natural to them.

Which makes me wonder how many people at Jonestown considered themselves Democrats

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
those that oppose it dont oppose the idea or the concept, they simply understand the realities of what happens when the government tries to take on such a task, begins to fix prices, remove competition, etc, etc. The end result is worse health care for all, thats where the opposition lies imo (aka in reality)
Just look at what happened when the govt got involved in education, we used to be at the top and now we're dumbing down shit with common core math

Cotton

Staff member
lol, economy of words is not my best attribute but I'm working on it

I'd agree but I don't think its because they are tyrant, hitler types bent on world domination, elevation of the master race, etc all masterplanned from their lair at the Eagles Nest. They actually believe they know what's best for people and therefore need that control to protect people from themselves (& others) and think they're actually doing "good". They probably like being told what to do as well and love relinquishing control to "authority" so it feels perfectly natural to them.

Which makes me wonder how many people at Jonestown considered themselves Democrats
Keep in mind, in my original post about this I said, not the general public, but the Dem leadership. There is a big gap in motivation between the two. The Dem leadership absolutely believe they think if they just gain enough control they can stay in power forever... ala Hitler. Same shit, different country. How else can you explain their actions? They are hypocritical power hungry animals. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Keep in mind, in my original post about this I said, not the general public, but the Dem leadership. There is a big gap in motivation between the two. The Dem leadership absolutely believe they think if they just gain enough control they can stay in power forever... ala Hitler. Same shit, different country. How else can you explain their actions? They are hypocritical power hungry animals. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
Ffs Pelosi wanted machine gun nests in DC after Jan 6th, she absolutely thinks she is royalty and knows what is best for us peons

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
can you explain who the wizard of oz is in your scenario pulling all the levers in concert with one another?

Cotton

Staff member
can you explain who the wizard of oz is in your scenario pulling all the levers in concert with one another?
I'm not saying they are cleanly in concert with each other, but the entire Dem leadership is pulling those levers. I would say Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, etc are pulling those strings, in concert with Coke, Big Pharma, Amazon, etc being the funding partners.

That is how the political parties work. They have assigned leadership, and that leadership decides the party direction.

I'm confused what you're asking. Do you think it's conspiracy theory that the Dem party is moving quickly towards communism? Because I think that is exactly where they are headed... with their current leadership.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I'm not saying they are cleanly in concert with each other, but the entire Dem leadership is pulling those levers. I would say Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, etc are pulling those strings, in concert with Coke, Big Pharma, Amazon, etc being the funding partners.

That is how the political parties work. They have assigned leadership, and that leadership decides the party direction.

I'm confused what you're asking. Do you think it's conspiracy theory that the Dem party is moving quickly towards communism? Because I think that is exactly where they are headed... with their current leadership.
I'm not thinking about conspiracy theories, I'm trying to figure out what happens behind the scenes because its obvious both sides get the talking points they recite from something centralized. Who decides these talking points and how are they distributed ?

I think Pelosi, et al are pandering MFers and if the wind was blowing toward protecting the borders, they'd go wherever that wind takes them. Those types seem more interested in maintaining their power than anything else and pandering to their base seems to be the best route. So you have woke folks, BLM, etc, etc getting a louder voice through social media and everyone from the politicians, to the media to businesses are all pandering to protect their bottom line or grasp of power and in the process acquiescing to illogical stances and empowering idiots in the process. Its sickening to watch so much complicity driven by self preservation.

I think the average democratic voter isn't thinking about control, they just hear "free health care for all" for example and think thats a compassionate stance with a worthy goal, know they cant pull this off on their own and feel government is the best vehicle to achieve this goal and then vote for BS artists who pander to this view

I see things as far more complicated than just the democratic leadership taking us into communism but I don't know how to put these thoughts in print in a succinct way, I'm still learning and trying to get a grasp of how things truly are.

I was listening to David Changs podcast (he's a chef if any reading has never heard of him) and he's really gone off the rails over Trump and let that shit seep into what was supposed to be a podcast about food, restaurants and the people that work them. On one of his rants prior to the election, he mentioned something casually that raised my eyebrows. He said something like:

"I know we're supposed to move to Georgia, even if only temporary, but I cant do that and I'm sure most people with families cant either"

I was floored at the idea and it had me wondering where he got those marching orders and I'm considering signing up for Democratic stuff just to see if I can hear these types of messages but maybe they only go out to big donors.

Anyway, too many words again but I'm just trying to get a true grasp on how things actually are and how they work so thats why I ask a lot of questions of people from all sides, I'm not trying to convince anyone but myself

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I was listening to David Changs podcast (he's a chef if any reading has never heard of him) and he's really gone off the rails over Trump and let that shit seep into what was supposed to be a podcast about food, restaurants and the people that work them. On one of his rants prior to the election, he mentioned something casually that raised my eyebrows. He said something like:

"I know we're supposed to move to Georgia, even if only temporary, but I cant do that and I'm sure most people with families cant either"

I was floored at the idea and it had me wondering where he got those marching orders and I'm considering signing up for Democratic stuff just to see if I can hear these types of messages but maybe they only go out to big donors.
Just to address this part... I know it was all over Twitter from many popular Dem posters that everyone should move to Georgia just to vote. So that one isn't a distributed talking point, it was pretty well known.

But they do all seem to echo the exact same phrases far too often and seemingly all at once. On their side it's like there really is a coordinated effort to say the exact same buzzphrases. Not sure about why and how, but a huge number of TV news execs are former Dem party workers, their spouses or in-laws are, etc. Plus the last few years at least, they all probably benefit from China.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
2000+ deaths associated with the vaccine?
Yes. But, it's coming from the CDC, so who knows if you can believe the numbers.

Top Bottom