The Coronavirus Thread...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Went out to eat at an extremely busy joint that has a giant outdoor area and seating inside. Not one single mask wearer in that joint. I think it is the first time I walked in an eating establishment with no mask in a really long time. Felt good. I’m over this shit with all the guilt trips.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

What in the fuck does climate change have to do with a virus?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Went out to eat at an extremely busy joint that has a giant outdoor area and seating inside. Not one single mask wearer in that joint. I think it is the first time I walked in an eating establishment with no mask in a really long time. Felt good. I’m over this shit with all the guilt trips.
where do you live? Its good to hear folks getting back to normal-ish

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone vaccinated yet? Any hardcore anti-vaxers in our midst?

Cotton

Staff member
where do you live? Its good to hear folks getting back to normal-ish
He is in Texas, and I am, too, and can attest to the fact people are dropping the masks like a rock here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm not a anti-vaxxer, but I won't be getting it anytime soon.
because youre a healthy youngish dudewho aint afraid of no Covid :tehj , or because youre not in a hurry? Or both?

Cotton

Staff member
because youre a healthy youngish dudewho aint afraid of no Covid :tehj , or because youre not in a hurry? Or both?
I'm not afraid of it, and I haven't even gotten a flu vaccine shot in 9 years. I'll hang tight for now.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm not anti-vax. But I turned this one down when it was offered from the VA.

Not much trust in a vaccination that was developed so quickly and not really tested. And I also don't hold much belief that this "pandemic" is so serious that a vaccination is needed to save us all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not afraid of it, and I haven't even gotten a flu vaccine shot in 9 years. I'll hang tight for now.
Yeah I'm not against getting it but I'm also not going to get in line to do it either. I feel like a lot of people in my area are actually of the opinion that they straight up will not get it. Not anti vaxxers just people who think the whole thing is over blown and don't want to test a new drug on their bodies. But I think the big cities are different. In KC and Stl people want them bad. Everywhere else in Missouri people aren't so hip on it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Have you resumed a semi normal life since then ?
Most of us here never stopped. We rented a beachhouse down at Galveston back at Labor day and had all the kids and grandkids down. Also had Thanksgiving and Christmas as normal, plus have a couple of the kids/grandkids over least 2-3 times a week for dinner

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Have you resumed a semi normal life since then ?
Yes. I am meeting with my friends that have also been vaccinated. We still use practical habits but it’s nice now to get out in the mainstream and do things that I used to take for granted.

• Props

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I went to a steakhouse with my wife today. Walked up and saw where the tape marks that once has a mask sign was taken down. Walked right up to the hostess and got my table. Feels a little weird to say that it feels a little weird.

• Props

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Nope, not vaccinated and have no plans to get vaccinated at the moment. I'm 24 and I had Covid in October (I was wearing a mask everywhere I went, and I had not done much as far as large crowds, but got covid from a close relative, who was infected by someone at his job.) and much of what I've read about the natural immunity post-infection leads me to believe the immunity is pretty robust and at least fairly long-lasting - perhaps 8-9 months.
I also am sceptical about how quickly the vaccine was developed.
I do get the flu shot typically, so not anti-vax.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life
Most of us here never stopped. We rented a beachhouse down at Galveston back at Labor day and had all the kids and grandkids down. Also had Thanksgiving and Christmas as normal, plus have a couple of the kids/grandkids over least 2-3 times a week for dinner
Going out to local hangs all this time? I don’t mean family gatherings per se

Top Bottom