The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have seen since this whole nonsense started, and I have seen some pretty stupid shit so far.
Its Halloween man, cant we all agree to wear a mask for at least one night a year?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have seen since this whole nonsense started, and I have seen some pretty stupid shit so far.
So the germs all over the candy from the persons hands are safe, but being within 6 ft isn't? Just silly.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's probably what should happen Phil, but they're too terrified of the twitter and media blowback. Which is pretty much all any company cares about anymore.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I mean, more ppl have died by bullets/stabbed/assault than coronavirus over the last four months of close-proximity protesting/rioting/demonstrating/pillaging.
Going a step further, who really knows that the recent deaths are truly from the virus. Even the medical profession has had instances of false reporting of cause of death to reap greater incomes. The real truth may never be known about this pandemic and how it really affected the population but one thing is certain, of all the instances of seeing how the propaganda has been slanted from the start of this, I feel safe in saying we have all be subjected to one of the greatest lies of this century. The virus is indeed a virus but danger factor has been elevated way beyond reality and the death rates clearly prove it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, it's racist they say.

They are completely eliminating all existing theming and changing it to a Princess and the Frog ride.... with a drop.

A drop that only makes sense for the "throw the rabbit in the briar" moment in Splash Mountain, but hey, social justice and all.

I'm gonna get real for a moment.... I am hurt by it. That ride was a massive, massive memory from my childhood. I LOVED it.

I wanted to take my kids on that ride. I might get a chance to sneak my oldest, my son, before it closes.

The entirety is Disney World is changed for me because of this.
I'm terribly late to the party, but wanted to mention that the ride is special to me as well.

We took our daughters when they were 1 & 3. It happened to be Father's Day this particular day we were at the park, and I wanted to get my oldest daughter on a "scary" ride that she was tall enough for.

Splash Mountain was perfect, as I remembered riding it several times when I was a kid. So my wife waited with the baby as my oldest and I stood in line. My daughter was so excited to go and I let her know what there was a drop at the end, but it wasn't too bad.

She enjoyed the settings as we rode through, just smiling and having a great time.

But holy shit, when we dropped she was raising absolute hell! Crying at the top of her lungs, and I obviously felt like the shittiest father in the world.

It took a bit, but I finally got her calmed down. I thanked her for riding the big scary ride. She put her head down on my shoulder and between whimpers she whispered, "Happy Daddy's Day, Daddy!"

Kinda sucks that it's being destroyed.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Song of the South was a Disney movie about a character called Uncle Remus who is black and he gained a friend ship with a young boy as I remember. He also told stories to the boy about animal characters that were humanized. I barley remember the movie but I don’t know what the uproar is about. The character was essentially the way it was back in the day and subsequently changed a great deal of the stereo typing . I had some songs in it that are classic today.
The writer of Uncle Remus is from our local area.

They used to make a big to-do about it, but you hardly hear a word anymore.

Top Bottom