The Coronavirus Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well FWIW, I heard this wouldn't take effect until next year, so we could change our minds if they made a major change... like say a president who isn't in Xi's back pocket.

But even if we do leave for good, we can use those $850+ million we give to the WHO in our own way to help other countries. And almost certainly with less waste and fraud.
All true, though WHO attracts a lot of good people and has done a lot of good over the decades. A little competition never hurt, but we should be making both efforts.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Don’t get me started on that shit.

We received the schedule for school last week. 2 days a week with mandatory distance learning. Yeah, for people with full time jobs, hows that going to work?

So we do what most parents in our situation may do. We start looking for home school options. Oh wut? They literally just cut all funding for charter/home schools at the last meeting. Most home school/charter programs are not taking any new enrollment because lack of funds. We’ve found one option with a crazy waiting list. We don’t want to be forced to give our kids a vaccine that they don’t even know the side effects involved with it. We’re all set to accept and go along with their rules. No vaccine, no enrollment, except we can’t because they found a way to fuck us again.

I swear to God, the state of California will try and fuck you any way they can. Any hole. They don’t care.

Are you considering leaving? Their problems seem insurmountable.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Are you considering leaving? Their problems seem insurmountable.
I have my moments. My kids are extremely attached to my parents. That’s the only thing keeping me in California.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are a global outlier because we didn't control the spread of the virus.

We did a shitty job and to talk about other countries is pretty damn stupid.

Opening up the schools, while noble, is a retarded idea.

All I can say is that kids are the best way to spread a contagion.

They don't wash their hands. They won't social distance. And they sure as shit aren't wearing a mask.

Wait a sec...that sounds like a lot of stupid adults in this country.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They don't wash their hands. They won't social distance. And they sure as shit aren't wearing a mask.

All of the data so far shows this doesn't affect affect kids the way it does adults,specifically adults with other underlying risks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not having school is totally a political move. As pointed out above, kids are barely affected by this and as a rule don't even spread it to adults because their viral load is so low.

This has been established in other European countries that our friends on the left normally revere and seek to emulate, but not in this case. Wonder why?

Also, the CDC says we don't have much evidence on this. Why can't they look at studies from other countries? And if they don't want to trust those, why haven't they already done their own studies? What have they been doing these last five months?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All of the data so far shows this doesn't affect affect kids the way it does adults,specifically adults with other underlying risks.
Not talking about the effects as much as the fact that little kids are nasty. I rarely get sick but the two times in the past five years, I got it from a sick kid or on an airplane.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I think I mentioned getting a letter a week or two ago from my the school my kids go to. At the time the only option was 2 days a week on campus, 3 days distance learning from home.

They called yesterday to tell us they added an option for 5 days at home distance learning.

I was pissed. I told the woman that I would be withdrawing my kids because if my wife and I are charged with teaching them 3-5 days at home, while working full time, it doesn’t make since for us to send them so the school could get federal dollars for doing basically nothing.

She didn’t like that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even that liberal paradise knows what’s up.

Fauci can suck my knee. Little dork.
How does one go about sucking a knee?

- Louis CK

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

The fact that there is more known infections can only be the result of one thing, namely more testing. Who knows what the apex of the number of infections was 30 days ago or 30 days from now? There is now way to know whether the number is an actual indicator because the detection process continues to expand. It distorts last weeks numbers and will distort next weeks numbers about what is trending up or trending down. To calibrate the outcome would take a practice of testing the same number of testing at a static rate.

The only number that carries a meaningful issue is the mortality rate. Is this percentage ratio holding static or is it trending above or below the initial indicators?

There was not a shitty job installed about this program there was a shitty propaganda message getting everyone to panic or revert to a paranoid mode. Gloom and doom was the headline even before any meaningful data was accumulated. Even the medical community was willing to practice knee jerk programs to ensure they were at least taking measures about something even though this was a new and limited knowledge virus.

Top Bottom