The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As far as I understand that is not correct, Allah is very much a Jesus clone, and your basing your idea on extreme fanatics. It's basically like saying blacks and Latinos being Christians is ridiculous based on Nazis.
I'll work on eradicating that bigotry from my life....

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I guess that woman is too stupid to realize that anyone that's higher profile like pro athletes and celebrities are under an electron microscope, especially when it comes to social media. Kaepernick ain't all that anyway.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kaepernick rally scheduled for Soldier Field on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2017, 4:53 PM EDT

Mike Glennon will make his debut as the Bears starting quarterback on Sunday at Soldier Field. Before the game, a protest will be held in support of an unemployed quarterback with far more significant career accomplishments.

Dubbed the Standing 4 Kaepernick Protest — Chicago, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT roughly 200 to 500 protesters are expected to show up and support Colin Kaepernick. A permit has been secured, and police are aware of the event.

Kaepernick has no involvement in the demonstration. He held a “Know Your Rights” camp in Chicago, and he donated money to a group there.

Last month, a demonstration in support of Kaepernick was held outside the league office in New York. Kaepernick attracted widespread attention in 2016 when he stopped standing for the national anthem. He has made it clear through intermediaries that he will stand this year — if of course he ever ends up on an NFL roster.
------------

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As far as I understand that is not correct, Allah is very much a Jesus clone, and your basing your idea on extreme fanatics. It's basically like saying blacks and Latinos being Christians is ridiculous based on Nazis.
Your intent is understood but your examples are incorrect. Allah is the supreme entity in the Muslim faith. Mohammad is the founder of the faith . He would be the presumed equivalent to Jesus. Allah would be the presumed equivalent to Yahweh or Supreme God of the Jew and Christian faiths.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I didn't care about the whole Kaepernick thing before, I figured if one idiot wants to make a buffoon out of himself by kneeling, let him, he sucks anyway.

But this shit is starting to piss me off now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I didn't care about the whole Kaepernick thing before, I figured if one idiot wants to make a buffoon out of himself by kneeling, let him, he sucks anyway.

But this shit is starting to piss me off now.
Yeah, my interest in the NFL is gaining apathetic steam.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yep. Keep religion, politics and social issues off of the fvcking field because I'm getting tired of it. Just STFU and play the effing game, you can support your favorite causes after you drive off in your Benz or Ferrari, ungrateful jackasses.

It doesn't help that parity has watered down the game and made it downright boring a good part of the time. I used to look forward to NFL football so much on Sundays that I would wait for gametime starting on Friday just to catch a game, any game.

Before I first had Sunday Ticket, I would listen to Cowboys games on internet radio on my laptop. I had Sunday Ticket for something like ten years and watched every game I could. That stopped a couple of years ago because I decided I wasn't going to shell out all that $$ for an inferior product. I cant get it now anyway because I dumped DirecTV, it was just too effing expensive. I'm a football fan by nature so I'm still drawn to the games to a degree but I quit watching Sunday's afternoon games to mow my neighbor's yard and walk my dog to avoid falling asleep in my chair.

midswat

... soon
Feel the same way. Yesterday was the first Sunday in over a decade or longer that I didn't watch a single snap of any game.

Considering skipping tonight's game as well. I hate this political bs (over such a retarded misguided 'cause'), hate ESPN, and hate Jason Garrett.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched a good 8 hours of football. Great slate of games yesterday.

I thought it was a great day for the league.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I watched a good 8 hours of football. Great slate of games yesterday.

I thought it was a great day for the league.
I thought it was great to see the unity from the teams following Trump opening his gob again, but they can go back to standing now.

Cotton

Staff member
Just as the players have a right to kneel other people have the right to disagree with them. It really is that simple. I don't get to judge them for kneeling and you don't get to judge me for calling it disrespectful.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Just as the players have a right to kneel other people have the right to disagree with them. It really is that simple. I don't get to judge them for kneeling and you don't get to judge me for calling it disrespectful.
They don't have a right to kneel. The NFL is allowing them to kneel. The NFL restricts speech constantly just like when they wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear stickers honoring slain Dallas cops or let players league wide wear cleats memorializing 9/11. So acting now like they can't restrict these assholes from disrespecting the flag is a cop out from the chickenshit owners that don't want to anger the militant BLM supporters on their teams.

And you are allowed to judge any speech you want to. And be judged for your own. Free speech in this country is only protected from government restraint. In the private sector we can certainly say what we want, but that doesn't mean employers and society in general can't hold us responsible for what we say.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They don't have a right to kneel. The NFL is allowing them to kneel. The NFL restricts speech constantly just like when they wouldn't allow the Cowboys to wear stickers honoring slain Dallas cops or let players league wide wear cleats memorializing 9/11. So acting now like they can't restrict these assholes from disrespecting the flag is a cop out from the chickenshit owners that don't want to anger the militant BLM supporters on their teams.

And you are allowed to judge any speech you want to. And be judged for your own. Free speech in this country is only protected from government restraint. In the private sector we can certainly say what we want, but that doesn't mean employers and society in general can't hold us responsible for what we say.
Well said. When will people learn that you don't have free speech rights @ work? The NFL was foolish to take sides. They make massive amounts of money, and then they turn around and push BLM and SJW crap on its fans, many of whom are Trump voters. Why? Because the league is like 70% black and the cucked white owners fear having a full-blown racial insurrection on their hands. Fear of being perceived as racist is what's driving their passivity and leniency. If I inflicted my political opinions on my employer’s customers I’d be fired, and I get paid a lot less than the NFL average ($1.9 million/year).

As an aside, Trump was a fool for pouring gasoline on a fire that was largely dying down. Did he think this would lead to less kneeling and protests? And as a businessman, he should know that you can't just fire people on a whim if they have a contract.

Top Bottom