Thank You Chancellor Hance!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry Jones won 3 superbowls and built a new stadium.

D

Deuce

Between this thread and the Kingsbury thread, you guys are making he dislike TT. That's not a feeling I generally like to have about WGAS technical schools.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A co-worker of mine went to Texas Tech.

He's usually a decent enough guy, but I'm going to see how he reacts to a "Chancellor Hance is ruining Texas Tech and there ain't a G'damn thang you can do about it, beeeeeyotch!" in passing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A co-worker of mine went to Texas Tech.

He's usually a decent enough guy, but I'm going to see how he reacts to a "Chancellor Hance is ruining Texas Tech and there ain't a G'damn thang you can do about it, beeeeeyotch!" in passing.
I can answer the question for you if you know a few things:

Does he read the AJ's comment section?

Is his username some thing like Pirate4life or LEACHLOVER?

If yes to both questions the he hates Hance.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Between this thread and the Kingsbury thread, you guys are making he dislike TT. That's not a feeling I generally like to have about WGAS technical schools.
Academic smack from a UCF grad?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I know absolutely nothing about this, so I am forced to laff at both of you as I am unable to choose sides. It sucks, I know. Please bear with me in this time of confusion.

:laff

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Thanks, now I have supporters that have no idea about what they are talking about as well.

Feels_goodman.jpg

D

Deuce

Academic smack from a UCF grad?
Considering we're about 25 spots higher on the engineering rankings list and you're not an AAU school like most of the top "Tech" schools, yes there is some grounds for academic smack.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I just want to go on record that the good Chancellor if nothing else has a kickass name.

D

Deuce

I just want to go on record that the good Chancellor if nothing else has a kickass name.
Agreed. Nicknames are important and his is pretty damn nice.

1 point awarded to skid's side.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Okaay, in spite of having a huge student body UCF is ranked #174 and Tech #165. So yeah, you pretty much dominated the argument.

It is pretty funny to see anyone coming hard on academic merits from one average school to another.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Raising a billion dollars for research is doing nothing for students? Expanding the university is doing nothing for students and alumni? Setting the university on the road to tier I is doing nothing for the students?
When the tuition is the same and they find out that their degree won't make them enough money to cover their debt and they realize they will barely be able to afford rent and won't be able to buy a house until they are middle aged will they feel that he really helped them?

Controlling the cost of tuition is what the students need, way more than they need more professors to be paid to do "research" instead of teaching classes.

Working to improve the employment outlook of graduates would do even more for the students. If the University was trying to do either of those things I'd be happy to praise Kent Hance for giving students and alumni their money's worth.

Right now, it's cheaper and less financially risky to buy and operate a small business than it is to get a college education and that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

D

Deuce

Okaay, in spite of having a huge student body UCF is ranked #174 and Tech #165. So yeah, you pretty much dominated the argument.

It is pretty funny to see anyone coming hard on academic merits from one average school to another.
What ranking is that? Of all the majors? The student body size is the reason that ranking get dragged down. Too many Theatre major dorks.

My rankings were about Engineering which is what our school is and your school (since it's "Technical") is also supposed to be good at.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have to attend a Board of Regents meeting next Thursday. Skid's bestest bud will be there so I will have to make sure and pass along his undying love to him.

Top Bottom