Texans Releasing J.J. Watt

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd spend that kind of money elsewhere if I'm being honest. I just think Watt's injuries have added up.
I agree. I just know that they arent going to offer that kind of money to just about anyone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Of course we will do neither and sign 4 shitbirds for 16 mil instead.
Yeah, between the Giants and Packers, Dalvin Tomlinson's not coming available. IMO NY would be idiotic to let Tomlinson go in favor of Williams.

Our only really hope at DT is growth from the guys we already drafted, Hill and Gallimore.

Would love to find a hardened veteran who can actually play to show these guys the ropes. Sorry, that ain't Gerald McCoy.

You'd think we could find a trade partner that needs to dump cap space. I wouldn't mind getting Malcolm Brown from New Orleans for a late round pick. Solid, smart depth and young enough to be a four year contributor if we need it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, between the Giants and Packers, Dalvin Tomlinson's not coming available. IMO NY would be idiotic to let Tomlinson go in favor of Williams.

Our only really hope at DT is growth from the guys we already drafted, Hill and Gallimore.

Would love to find a hardened veteran who can actually play to show these guys the ropes. Sorry, that ain't Gerald McCoy.

You'd think we could find a trade partner that needs to dump cap space. I wouldn't mind getting Malcolm Brown from New Orleans for a late round pick. Solid, smart depth and young enough to be a four year contributor if we need it.
Williams is a double digit sack guy. Teams always value them over big plugger DTs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Williams is a double digit sack guy. Teams always value them over big plugger DTs.
I would think differently if Williams had been more consistent over his career.

I think Tomlinson helps everyone around him, including Williams. I don’t think the reverse it true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would think differently if Williams had been more consistent over his career.

I think Tomlinson helps everyone around him, including Williams. I don’t think the reverse it true.
I get it, if Williams had played at this level for a few years it might be different. But I bet he gets paid and goes back to 5 sack a year JAG.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

2 year deal worth $31 mill. Something like 20 mill guaranteed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well that wasnt one of the teams....
Surprise!

Fun fact, there is a Surprise, AZ, I know you know this because of the Rangers, but thought it was a funny correlation.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It never ceases to amaze me how often we're reminded how little these media insiders actually know. Including the ones that are supposed to be the top insiders.

Top Bottom