data

Forbes #1
Sweeeeeeeet Caroliiiiiine

Bah bah bah

So good! So good!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's interesting he actually did that at least once in the super bowl for a terrible sack.
Yeah, he still does it on occasion. But, nothing like he did in college. He would make his OL look like utter dogshit because they would have no idea where he was at times. He would just take off 2 seconds after the snap for no reason at all.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

deadrise

DCC 4Life
As a Tech fan, I was iffy on him coming out of college. He had a terrible habit of abandoning clean pockets. I knew he would have to have that coached out of him to succeed at the next level. That and work on his decision making. Andy Reid was a perfect fit for him. Mahomes has been better than I ever would have imagined.
"During the throwing drills at the NFL Scouting Combine, Mahomes' passes were clocked at 60 mph, tying Logan Thomas and Bryan Bennett for the fastest pass ever recorded at the NFL combine.[33] Mahomes was ranked the second best quarterback by SI.com,[34] the third best by ESPN,[35] and the fourth best by NFLDraftScout.com[36] After an impressive showing at the NFL Combine, representatives from 28 NFL teams were on hand to attend his pro day at Texas Tech. He became one of the fastest rising prospects during the draft process and had 18 private workouts and visits for team, which was the most for any prospect in 2017.[37] Among the teams and coaches that he had workouts and visits with were the Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton, Cincinnati Bengals quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor, and coaches from the Los Angeles Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, and Pittsburgh Steelers.

"The Kansas City Chiefs selected Mahomes in the first round (10th overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft.[41] The Buffalo Bills traded the 10th overall pick to the Chiefs for their first round pick, third round pick, and the Chiefs' first round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.[42]"

Apparently you were the only one who was "iffy" on him coming out of college.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow. ESPN gamecast had the 49ers as 96% Win Probability until that Tyreek Hill deep completion in 3rd down.
It's crazy how fast things fell apart for the Niners.

The score was 20-10 with about 6 minutes left in the game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As a Tech fan, I was iffy on him coming out of college. He had a terrible habit of abandoning clean pockets. I knew he would have to have that coached out of him to succeed at the next level. That and work on his decision making. Andy Reid was a perfect fit for him. Mahomes has been better than I ever would have imagined.
Until last night I had no idea he was from my hometown......Tyler, TX.

I don't know how that information slipped past me for so long. If I'd have known that I would have been rooting for him at Tech as well.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Jimmy G is getting torn up locally. Local radio is talking about pulling a Denver-Peyton and signing Brady for 2 years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jimmy G is getting torn up locally. Local radio is talking about pulling a Denver-Peyton and signing Brady for 2 years.
thats hilarious, after trading NE for JG.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Until last night I had no idea he was from my hometown......Tyler, TX.

I don't know how that information slipped past me for so long. If I'd have known that I would have been rooting for him at Tech as well.
Oh hell yea, didn't realize I had another East Texas guy here. I grew up in Athens.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh hell yea, didn't realize I had another East Texas guy here. I grew up in Athens.
No shit? I graduated high school from Malakoff. I also lived in Tyler for 4 years.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Eh. I think Williams should have won the MVP over Mahomes.
I can see the argument.... but.... his one TD was kind of the "icing on the cake" touchdown, when the Chiefs PROBABLY (statistically speaking) had already won, and the other, I was almost unimpressed with. I mean, he caught a pass in the flat and ALMOST was stopped short. He reached his hands out and was given the "break the plane" touchdown, but I thought he kind of dogged it on that play and could have sold out more emphatically to get that score. He could have cost his team there.

He was good. I just think the story was the comeback down 10 in the fourth more than the TD to put them up two scores, and the comeback was more due to Mahomes getting it together and making plays than it was Williams running over the defense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What a small damn world. I actually lived on the west side of Cedar Creek lake and drove to Malakoff every day.
Have a cousin that live in Tool. Know the whole lake are well. The beer store that would sell to us underage back then was over in Caney City right past Log Cabin :lol

Top Bottom