Super Bowl LIV Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have a cousin that live in Tool. Know the whole lake are well. The beer store that would sell to us underage back then was over in Caney City right past Log Cabin :lol
Holy shit. I have bought beer at that store. It was bit of a drive from Tool, but just down the road from Malakoff. I still have in-laws that live in Gun Barrel City and Seven Points. This is crazy.

data

Forbes #1
Have a cousin that live in Tool. Know the whole lake are well. The beer store that would sell to us underage back then was over in Caney City right past Log Cabin :lol
jsmith6919: yeah, by the lake deflowered this one sweet girl in the back of my truck. Had a cleft tongue that made things reeeeaal special.

Iamtdg: you sunofabitch. Two-Tongue Tammy is my sister.

Cotton

Staff member
couple of East Texas mofo's
We moved all over central and east Texas (dad being a preacher and all). I also lived in a tiny town called Blooming Grove and a little bit bigger town called Groesbeck.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Holy shit. I have bought beer at that store. It was bit of a drive from Tool, but just down the road from Malakoff. I still have in-laws that live in Gun Barrel City and Seven Points. This is crazy.
Yep, sometimes we'd go back the long way thru Malakoff because there was a good little burger place right there at 31

Cotton

Staff member
Yep, sometimes we'd go back the long way thru Malakoff because there was a good little burger place right there at 31
Caney City. Man, that brings back some memories. Talking about a blast from the past. I graduated in 92. When did you guys leave Athens?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Caney City. Man, that brings back some memories. Talking about a blast from the past. I graduated in 92. When did you guys leave Athens?
I left in 89, my parents left early 2000's and retired on some acreage near Lampasas. Still have quite a bit of family there

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
all that's missing from this riveting thread is a reference to Mount Pilot

p1_

DCC 4Life
We moved all over central and east Texas (dad being a preacher and all). I also lived in a tiny town called Blooming Grove and a little bit bigger town called Groesbeck.
And now you’re in the tumbleweeds of Lubbock. Poor fella

Cotton

Staff member
And now you’re in the tumbleweeds of Lubbock. Poor fella
Yep, full circle. I was actually born in a little town called Levelland about 30 miles from Lubbock. Moved away when I was 18 months old and dad got a job back in Levelland the summer after I graduated from high school. So, we moved back and I went to Tech.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As I recall the highway from Lubbock to Levelland took you by Reese AFB. It was well traveled during the dry county days.

Cotton

Staff member
As I recall the highway from Lubbock to Levelland took you by Reese AFB. It was well traveled during the dry county days.
You are correct. Out by Reese is actually where we live now in what used to be Hurlwood.

Cotton

Staff member
used to be? what happened to :pukewood?
Where the city was located was just south of the runways at Reese Air Force base. The Air Force requires a crash zone, so a ton of houses were moved and the town essentially went away.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oh hell yea, didn't realize I had another East Texas guy here. I grew up in Athens.
When I was stationed at Ft Hood, TX I drove through Athens all the time heading back to Tyler. I almost always stopped at the Braums right off of HWY 31 as well.

data

Forbes #1
About as invigorating a discussion as the one about the Florida/Georgia border.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
Wow. They did the pit maneuver in the middle of all those pedestrians. That’s risky, but I guess better than letting that car proceed deeper into the heart of the parade route with even more people.

Top Bottom