Sturm: Decoding McCarthy, Wildcard - Slow Start Death

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm already quite pessimistic about our chances, I don't see how it will change anything.
Everybody is. I'm really surprised Jerry thinks he can sell this to the fans next year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He knows he can't. That's why he isn't on the radio. Expect him to be quiet until the senior bowl.
he thinks he can wait it out. He cant, this time.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
he thinks he can wait it out. He cant, this time.
He can. Our fan base will be back to their normal self shortly and he knows it. It's just too big and stupid.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gotta fix the run defense (easier said than done I know). That and some added secondary depth along with getting Diggs back, that and RB / #2WR upgrades on offense and the team is mostly fixed.

Yeah Dak is late to settle down in big games just like Donovan McNabb was, but overall he's a solid QB.

Sure we should try and upgrade in the 2nd round, but we should be doing that as a matter of course every few years

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He knows he can't. That's why he isn't on the radio. Expect him to be quiet until the senior bowl.
I think he's just so locked in on Dak, and thinks Mike is good for him.

It's weird to me that he forgets how locked in he was on Romo the exact same way. Then they lucked into Dak, and suddenly Jerry had a new one to fixate on. I remember TMZ catching him going into some club or something in LA and he was just giddy over Dak.

Or even how he insisted on keeping Kellen because Dak loved him so much. Then he finally is convinced to let the head coach head coach, and now Dak loves Mike as much or more.

It's strange that the old wildcatter optimist doesn't think that if you let Dak go, there'll be another one.

Maybe the Stoerner/Leaf/Quincy/Vinny/Bledsoe days damaged him that much.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry thinks he can sell snowballs to Eskimos. That's the part of the Man in the Mirror speech he doesn't tell us about.
I know, but he usually at least makes some kind of change to make it a little easier.

I wonder if he doesn't realize just how disgusted fans are right now. I'm not sure it would be much worse if we'd gone 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 Garrett-style.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's strange that the old wildcatter optimist doesn't think that if you let Dak go, there'll be another one.
Jerry's window won't allow for potential drafting misfires or normal QB development time. He needs to win his mythical super Bowl now, before Grim comes calling.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry thinks he can sell snowballs to Eskimos. That's the part of the Man in the Mirror speech he doesn't tell us about.
If your #1 goal is to win a Super Bowl and you run it back with Mike McCarthy, it's because you want unquestioned, full control of the team and remain the face and voice of the franchise. Decent coaches with options won't put up with that. Retreads like McCarthy will.

Top Bottom