Sturm: Decoding McCarthy, Wildcard - Slow Start Death

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's a bum.

It's him. It's Prescott.

McCarthy maybe isn't perfect but the QB can't play in the playoffs.

One of these guys performs worse than the other and it's Prescott. Move on.
It’s an easy answer, but in this case Dak’s taking the hit for the woeful defense, which fucking disappeared.

Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Roger Staubach combined couldn’t withstand what our “defense” gave up.

Shanahan’s tree owns Quinn, but this was a special kind of Hell. Guys were running free in the secondary. Doubs is still catching deep passes. Aaron Jones ran seemingly at will.

This philosophy of defense has run its course.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It’s an easy answer, but in this case Dak’s taking the hit for the woeful defense, which fucking disappeared.

Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Roger Staubach combined couldn’t withstand what our “defense” gave up.

Shanahan’s tree owns Quinn, but this was a special kind of Hell. Guys were running free in the secondary. Doubs is still catching deep passes. Aaron Jones ran seemingly at will.

This philosophy of defense has run its course.
Quinn milked about as much out of turnovers as any defensive coach we have seen since Stallings turned loose Thurman's Thieves.

That said, it is hard to have a defense create an identity off of something that is so dependent on fortune.

I really have no idea what coach would decide, yeah, let me go to Dallas.

Maybe the whole crew comes back.

It was just a bad day. Run it all back. Things looked so damn bright a week ago.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It was just a bad day. Run it all back. Things looked so damn bright a week ago.
It was a historically bad day, but run it back in context with another Shanahan-tree in the San Francisco loss this season and there’s a similar result.

I have shrinking confidence Quinn can win against balanced offenses that know how to exploit his weaknesses. Shanahan and Lafleur aren’t leaving the conference anytime soon. Maybe it’s talent issue. It probably is. Maybe it’s all Mazi’s fault.

Basically, I am OK to let Quinn move on. We need to win straight up and less by scheming.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was a historically bad day, but run it back in context with another Shanahan-tree in the San Francisco loss this season and there’s a similar result.

I have shrinking confidence Quinn can win against balanced offenses that know how to exploit his weaknesses. Shanahan and Lafleur aren’t leaving the conference anytime soon. Maybe it’s talent issue. It probably is. Maybe it’s all Mazi’s fault.

Basically, I am OK to let Quinn move on. We need to win straight up and less by scheming.
Green Bay didn't kill us with the run early on, it was the pass, Mazi has nothing to do with that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Green Bay didn't kill us with the run early on, it was the pass, Mazi has nothing to do with that.
Yep, we actually did decent against the run early. But the pass was easy. Even with pressure right in his face guys were so wide open that their QB was throwing lobs way off platform for massive gains. Just have a DB in the vicinity to challenge it. No amount of pass rush was fixing that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I was joking about it all being Mazi’s fault, but Green Bay killed us with the run too. We can never seem to stop Aaron Jones

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
I was joking about it all being Mazi’s fault, but Green Bay killed us with the run too. We can never seem to stop Aaron Jones
he had 2 TDs all season leading up to the wild card game. He had 3 against us.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does anyone else hate the term "run it back?"

I do. And not even low-key.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Jones was nicked up a little bit.

This was not about that player killing us. This was a systemic failure.
I keep thinking of a scene from Star Wars about ridiculous overconfidence.

"Evacuate in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances"

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you going to be alright when he gets his extension?
I think the rage will be equal to that felt when well, it sinks in that we ain't getting a new owner or GM either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Are you going to be alright when he gets his extension?
I'm already quite pessimistic about our chances, I don't see how it will change anything.

I already knew he wasn't good enough this year, last year, etc.

I knew he would never be good enough when he spent a few seasons before he had elite WRs everywhere putting up Quincy Carter/Colin Kaepernick numbers.

Top Bottom