Spring League Thread...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Naw. Gotta be outdoors and on real grass to establish that legitimacy.
I don't think real grass can handle 3 games in one day. Especially when there's been inclement weather.

Seems like that would be a big safety issue for those playing in the 3rd game.

data

Forbes #1
…and then Patterson fumbles goal to go for a 95 yard TD the other way

data

Forbes #1
Live field audio :lol

“Get in my way again and imma pop yo ass”

1bigfan13

Staff member
Paxton Lynch is in!!!
The other day I looked up the most notable players in the USFL and Paxton Lynch was probably #1 on that list.

That's not a good thing if you're the USFL.

data

Forbes #1
I’m reading that drone pilots can average $70k a year. That’s fn amazing

data

Forbes #1
The other day I looked up the most notable players in the USFL and Paxton Lynch was probably #1 on that list.

That's not a good thing if you're the USFL.
Thats a good question — what reasonable quality of player would be good?

Was XFL or AAFL better?

Even if XFL or AAFL paid more for better quality of players, is that extra cost justifiable business-sense wise for the added viewership?

How much extra viewers because it’s Cooper Rush quality vs Paxton Lynch? But for Cooper Rush, league would have to dole out x amount more money

Probably get more viewers with television production quality and better uniforms.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Garrett's voice is annoying af

data

Forbes #1
Which absurd rule do you like the best, or shall I say, is the least ridiculous

• 4pt field goal for 55+ yards
  • 3pt conversion from 15 yard line
  • No more onsides, replaced by 4th & 15 on own 30
  • Sudden death OT (no guaranteed possession), first possession starts on 3 yard line
  • OT coin flip replaced by team who reached the score first, say 27-27, team that scored 27 first is the ‘coin flip’ winner. No longer is luck the determination

1bigfan13

Staff member
Which absurd rule do you like the best, or shall I say, is the least ridiculous

• 4pt field goal for 55+ yards
  • 3pt conversion from 15 yard line
  • No more onsides, replaced by 4th & 15 on own 30
  • Sudden death OT (no guaranteed possession), first possession starts on 3 yard line
  • OT coin flip replaced by team who reached the score first, say 27-27, team that scored 27 first is the ‘coin flip’ winner. No longer is luck the determination
You didn't list it but their kickoff rule intrigues me.

It's a bit gimmicky but it would make kickoffs relevant in the NFL again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats a good question — what reasonable quality of player would be good?

Was XFL or AAFL better?

Even if XFL or AAFL paid more for better quality of players, is that extra cost justifiable business-sense wise for the added viewership?

How much extra viewers because it’s Cooper Rush quality vs Paxton Lynch? But for Cooper Rush, league would have to dole out x amount more money

Probably get more viewers with television production quality and better uniforms.
That's the problem, min wage in the NFL is too much for these guys. I like a crazy bonus structure to attract talent though. Like hey, you go for 200 yards receiving in a game and you get a million dollar check. 500 yards passing, million bucks.

You can't pay everyone but maybe you can motivate a few more talented guys who see a chance to clean up on bonuses.

data

Forbes #1
I think I prefer watching NFLN replay of old games than watching a new league

Right now it’s Jaguars vs Dolphins

data

Forbes #1
Even the shitty Dolphins and Jaguars bottom tier uniforms look way more legit than the USFL

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Whats the kickoff rule?
Kickoffs in the USFL will take place from the kicking team's 25-yard line. This will ensure that almost all kicks will be returnable.

Though the USFL is creating more kick return possibilities, it is also taking precautions to limit the opportunities for high-speed collisions on special teams. One such precaution will be having the kicking team's personnel line up no farther than 1 yard behind the kickoff spot. The other will be the establishment of a "set-up zone" for blockers on the receiving team.

The set-up zone is located between the 35- and 45-yard lines. The receiving team must have at least eight of its blockers in that area. This will allow the receiving team a chance to set up blocking for the return while also creating fewer high-speed collisions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All the rules won’t matter if the talent stays this way. Hopefully they survive and find a way. I have a feeling the XFL’s ties to the NFL are going to crush them.

data

Forbes #1
All the rules won’t matter if the talent stays this way. Hopefully they survive and find a way. I have a feeling the XFL’s ties to the NFL are going to crush them.
Even if rich, I’d never invest my money into a new league. Even if tax write off, there must be better ways

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Eh, you have to appreciate it for what it is. I find all levels of football entertaining. This has its own kind of entertainment.

Top Bottom