Spring League Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
In all seriousness, we could be staring him in the face in the fifth and take him.

Once you get past the top 12 WRs, you are looking at a group that consists of Khalil Shakir, Wan'Dale Robinson, Danny Gray, David Bell, Tyquan Thornton and Velus Jones. He is probably right in the middle of that group.
You talking about Vasher?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In all seriousness, we could be staring him in the face in the fifth and take him.

Once you get past the top 12 WRs, you are looking at a group that consists of Khalil Shakir, Wan'Dale Robinson, Danny Gray, David Bell, Tyquan Thornton and Velus Jones. He is probably right in the middle of that group.
I pray we have drafted a WR by then. And I actually like Tyquan (He gets pushed around but otherwise has all the skills), Shakir, Bell and Jones. But not enough to say they can start right away. Those are guys who may be better than anyone we have outside of Gallup and Lamb. But that's kind of the problem. We have shit at WR and no I didn't forget Washington, he is far from someone we should count on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I pray we have drafted a WR by then. And I actually like Tyquan (He gets pushed around but otherwise has all the skills), Shakir, Bell and Jones. But not enough to say they can start right away. Those are guys who may be better than anyone we have outside of Gallup and Lamb. But that's kind of the problem. We have shit at WR and no I didn't forget Washington, he is far from someone we should count on.
Washington actually fits better with a healthy Gallup. But we won't have a healthy Gallup until October.

I just don't know how much we need to overcommit. Fat Mike's Packer teams could find those types later.

They got Davante Adams after Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin :lol and a couple of others.

It is about the right type. I can't think how you find a "compliment" to Lamb operating as a number one. He is not Hopkins.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You've somehow made me feel worse about Vasher and our WR Corp all at once. Fucking shit balls. This draft is going to leave me sad.

Brandon Smith is better than both. Go Hawks!
Vasher is a physical freak. Body of Randy Moss with the heart of Bobby Carpenter. Also, likes the weed.

If his maturity catches up with his body he’ll be really good.

Cotton

Staff member
Vasher is a physical freak. Body of Randy Moss with the heart of Bobby Carpenter. Also, likes the weed.

Big If.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Bobbeh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Washington actually fits better with a healthy Gallup. But we won't have a healthy Gallup until October.

I just don't know how much we need to overcommit. Fat Mike's Packer teams could find those types later.

They got Davante Adams after Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin :lol and a couple of others.

It is about the right type. I can't think how you find a "compliment" to Lamb operating as a number one. He is not Hopkins.
I mean the Packers didn't draft first round WRs but Adam's was a second. Cobb was a second. Jordyn Nelson was a second. Greg Jennings was a second.

So if you go through the Packers history they may not have drafted first round WRs but most of their good ones were picked in the second round.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mean the Packers didn't draft first round WRs but Adam's was a second. Cobb was a second. Jordyn Nelson was a second. Greg Jennings was a second.

So if you go through the Packers history they may not have drafted first round WRs but moat of their good ones were picked in the second round.
Uh Dallas and the 2nd are cursed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I think it was Jacob Rogers.
Yep, funny I was listening to Broudus talk about that pick the other day. Supposedly everyone hated the guy except Parcells. Our scouting director back then basically told Parcells he was everything Parcells hates. Doesn't lift weights, soft, not intense. Parcells basically forced him up the board despite everyone else being against it and being told he will hate him. And massive bust.

But we found Diggs in the second. So I hold out hope we don't fuck it up every once in awhile.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
They should make a 16 team developmental league. Each team would be sponsored by an AFC team and an NFC team. 30 players provided by each team that can’t include any of the top 30 players on the roster.

It would give us pathetic fools a reason to root for a specific team and there would be opportunity for bottom of roster guys to get a chance for real play time.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Between college and pro, that's enough football for me. Once baseball kicks in, that's enough of a distraction until training camp starts. Spring football will just be an oddity that you check in on from time to time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If the players were better and possibly had a future, I'd definitely watch more football in the spring. Football > all other sports.

The problem is these are total scrubs and the teams don't even play in the cities they supposedly represent.

Top Bottom