Spring League Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I like this idea.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't like that at all. Why do it? They say it's to create excitement around halftime. But why artificially add plays around halftime and why make time and timeout management easier?

I guess they admit it: add more offense. I think offense is already easy enough with all the rules changes. I don't want football looking more and more like basketball.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't like that at all. Why do it? They say it's to create excitement around halftime. But why artificially add plays around halftime and why make time and timeout management easier?
Yeah, if they (or the NFL) are going to adopt college rules, start with overtime.

Cotton

Staff member
I like it because it rewards first downs late. Makes for a completely different strategy to time management. Get the first down and get the clock temporarily stopped.

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll

I guess they admit it: add more offense. I think offense is already easy enough with all the rules changes. I don't want football looking more and more like basketball.
Sadly the game has been headed in one direction for a long time and it def isn't going to change with Goodell in charge

data

Forbes #1

Anything to replicate Bills v Chiefs

If NFL were to adopt, An interesting consequence is what ways would the first 28 min of each half be shortened since they TV networks need to keep the games ~3 hour time slot. This rule would potentially add another 10 minutes to airtime?

Im guessing something like going out of bounds doesn’t stop clock until 2 min

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well. Fuck the USFL.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Garrett as an announcer?

Well, I am out.
You know they're gonna have lots of guys who just play the game the right way, stacking practices, and getting better every day.

data

Forbes #1

Garrett as an announcer?

Well, I am out.
Five years ago…

”Jason Garrett won’t ever get a head coaching gig again. Only Jerruh’s idiocy keeps him as HC”

“Naw. He’s like Top 15 coach in the NFL”

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is there for only one thing. Sound effects.

:roboclap

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom