Site upgrade

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who donated. Iamtdg and I usually try not to ask for donations but it is time to update the site so that everyone can post and read from their mobile devices without using Morse Code.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
True, it's uncommon. I was part of the original exodus from tehzone!1!11!! in what was it, '04?
I found the site a month or two later when I noticed booze, ez, and sbk had disappeared from Mazevo/CowboysZone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
One small request from my end.

If possible, is there any way to designate the site as simply a "sports" site? I work on a military base and the site is blocked from my office computer because the site is designated as "sports and recreation" or something to that nature. I can get the exact wording on Monday.

I can visit Cowboys Zone just fine but the DCC is blocked because the base's network infrastructure filters out games and recreation sites.
Boom. This.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I became more active then. Sbk is was a bit of a bully...
He was a major bully. The site got much better when he left.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I found the site a month or two later when I noticed booze, ez, and sbk had disappeared from Mazevo/CowboysZone.
I think one of them sent me a message about the new board if I remember right.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay, so we are all set for the upgrade. He said it could be a couple of days and that we could be down 1-2 hours during the upgrade but they would contact me before they start to give us a heads up. I didn't do the mobile suite just yet. I wanted to see how everyone likes the mobile version of the site itself before we added it. The guy I spoke to at vBulletin said it is better than the app. We can always add it after the fact and it costs the same buying it on its own. We still have plenty of money from your badass donations to do so.

Cotton

Staff member
Also, just want to prepare everyone. Version 5 is much different than what we are used to, but it is WAY more secure and they have done a lot of upgrading to it since we tried it a few years ago and didn't like it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
As long as my notifications stay. Dont make the board spam.

Cotton

Staff member
As long as my notifications stay. Dont make the board spam.
I think all customization goes away. We will have to figure out how to put those back in place.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just checked and it is set as just a sports site. I could change it to like miscellaneous or something to see if that would fix it.
I checked yesterday and the DCC site was still being blocked by the base's Blue Coat Web Filtering System.

I did some research on my end and ran across a website that allowed me to plug in URLs to look up their web filters. DCC is set to sports and Cowboys Zone is set as a "newsgroups and message boards".

It's weird that DCC is being filtered out as a "sports" site but I can visit all the normal sports sites like ESPN and SI just fine. Hopefully switching to the new version will do the trick.

Cotton

Staff member
I checked yesterday and the DCC site was still being blocked by the base's Blue Coat Web Filtering System.

I did some research on my end and ran across a website that allowed me to plug in URLs to look up their web filters. DCC is set to sports and Cowboys Zone is set as a "newsgroups and message boards".

It's weird that DCC is being filtered out as a "sports" site but I can visit all the normal sports sites like ESPN and SI just fine. Hopefully switching to the new version will do the trick.
I didn't see a newsgroups and message board option but I changed it to news and media. See if it will work now.

Cotton

Staff member
So do you have all the money you need now?
Yes, and we have some left over. The staff has been discussing possibly changing the banner. This gives me the perfect opportunity to ask the members what you all think. We have about $300 left over (if we end up not doing the app) to possibly have a professional design a banner for us. What does everyone think?

Top Bottom