Seahawks trade Harvin to Jets

D

Deuce

Should've kept Golden Tate
I wouldn't say that. He's not that good.

But out their refusal to take the position seriously in the draft in the last years is ridiculous. Reminds me of the 2000-2010 Cowboys.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Should've kept Golden Tate
He had attitude problems as well. The Harvin purge was the right move. You get rid of a fragile bitch who is a finesse player who can't block nor ever be a #1 guy. Even after pissing away a 1st and a 3rd for that worthless piece of shit, scamming the Jets out of what will be a high 2nd and a 4th was brilliant, especially since Harvin hardly played while he was in Seattle. Talk about maximizing the value of low value player. If that was indeed the compensation, Seattle ass raped the Jets.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Tate is a cocky SOB going back to ND but it sounds to me like Harvin was something of a cancer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He had attitude problems as well. The Harvin purge was the right move. You get rid of a fragile bitch who is a finesse player who can't block nor ever be a #1 guy. Even after pissing away a 1st and a 3rd for that worthless piece of shit, scamming the Jets out of what will be a high 2nd and a 4th was brilliant, especially since Harvin hardly played while he was in Seattle. Talk about maximizing the value of low value player. If that was indeed the compensation, Seattle ass raped the Jets.
My understanding is that it is a conditional fourth round pick that could become a second. We aren't talking about a second and fourth round pick. I think it is a stupid trade for the Jets who need a legit number one WR and not just a complimentary toy. It's a stupid trade for the Seahawks too who are trying to win now before they are forced to sign a bunch of young guys to contracts. The Seahawks seem content throwing to some WR's who seriously lack talent. I mean their WRs were getting absolutely zero separation against our corners. It's really hard as an offense to succeed without a legit WR threat like Dez Bryant on your offense.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
The guy already has attitude/anger issues. That should help.
I doubt that having Geno Smith throw him passes is going to make him feel better anyway. Bottom line, he's a talented receiver that has been used effectively before. If his contract extension put him on a short leash to begin with, then they shouldn't have dealt for him in the first place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
According to the Seattle Times, he got into physical fights with both Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin. He also refused to go into the Dallas game late.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
According to the Seattle Times, he got into physical fights with both Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin. He also refused to go into the Dallas game late.
Reports: Harvin fought teammates, took himself out on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT

As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.

One fight took place the week before the Super Bowl and left then-Seahawks receiver Golden Tate with a black eye, according to Lance Zierlein of Sports Talk 790 in Houston. Another fight took place in the preseason this year and left receiver Doug Baldwin with a cut on his chin, according to the Seattle Times.

Harvin also reportedly took himself out of Sunday’s game and wouldn’t go back in when coaches asked him to play. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked why Harvin didn’t play much late in the game and answered with a vague reference to “readiness,” but it now appears that the real problem was “willingness,” or lack thereof, of Harvin to get on the field.

Combining the reports out of Seattle with the widespread reports from two years ago that Harvin was a cancer in the Vikings’ locker room, it looks like the Jets just landed themselves a malcontent. They’d better have a plan for how to deal with Harvin’s inevitable unhappiness.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I agree. I think this hurts them tremendously. They have crap at WR without Harvin.
They had crap at WR with Harvin and he was part of the problem in Seattle. Frankly Harvin is overrated, IMO.

Everyone keeps talking about how he's some explosive playmaker but the results say he's nothing more than a nice complimentary player.

I get it, he's fast. Whoop-tee-doo. He can't dominate a game and he isn't a threat in the intermediate to deep passing game.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Reports: Harvin fought teammates, took himself out on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT

As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.

One fight took place the week before the Super Bowl and left then-Seahawks receiver Golden Tate with a black eye, according to Lance Zierlein of Sports Talk 790 in Houston. Another fight took place in the preseason this year and left receiver Doug Baldwin with a cut on his chin, according to the Seattle Times.

Harvin also reportedly took himself out of Sunday’s game and wouldn’t go back in when coaches asked him to play. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked why Harvin didn’t play much late in the game and answered with a vague reference to “readiness,” but it now appears that the real problem was “willingness,” or lack thereof, of Harvin to get on the field.

Combining the reports out of Seattle with the widespread reports from two years ago that Harvin was a cancer in the Vikings’ locker room, it looks like the Jets just landed themselves a malcontent. They’d better have a plan for how to deal with Harvin’s inevitable unhappiness.
Well, nevermind. All of this considered, the guy sounds like a real turd ferguson. What a puss.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, nevermind. All of this considered, the guy sounds like a real turd ferguson. What a puss.
I don't mind the fighting so much. Baldwin looks like a temperamental turd anyway. If the guy refused to play at the end of the Cowboys game that is a totally different story. To me that shows a total lack of desire to win out of a player. The Seahawks while being dominated were right there with a chance to win the game at the end of the game. Any football player who wouldn't want to be on the field in that situation has no business playing in the NFL.

This is of course assuming the report is true and isn't just the result of hurt feelings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owens was a saint in comparison.
At least TO wanted to be on the field to make the clutch play to win the game. I can't imagine the mindset of not wanting to be on the field in a game your team has a chance to win.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
They had crap at WR with Harvin and he was part of the problem in Seattle. Frankly Harvin is overrated, IMO.

Everyone keeps talking about how he's some explosive playmaker but the results say he's nothing more than a nice complimentary player.

I get it, he's fast. Whoop-tee-doo. He can't dominate a game and he isn't a threat in the intermediate to deep passing game.
I'm not trying to make a habit out of defending this scumbag, but the dude is 26 years old, and the line from his last 16 games in Minnesota reads as 111 catches, 1300 yards, 232 rush yards, 11 scores. It sounds like some of you are trying to put him in the same category as a Brad Smith or something. Props to Seattle for keeping his bs out of the media long enough to get something for him.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't know if Seattle is petty enough to do something like this but wouldn't it be funny if they purposely sought out trade partners who have poor records and are poorly managed, like the Jets, just to stick it to Harvin.

Ensuring that he gets to experience the old "Penthouse to Outhouse" effect.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Reports: Seahawks can get a fourth-round pick at best for Harvin
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT

The Seahawks were so eager to get rid of Percy Harvin that they’ve given him up for next to nothing.

Although neither the Seahawks nor the Jets has disclosed exactly what the compensation was in the Harvin trade, multiple reports now say that the pick can be no better than a fourth-rounder. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that it’s a conditional sixth-round pick, while Ian Rapoport of NFL Network adds that the pick can improve to up to a fourth-round pick.

That’s shockingly little compensation, considering that the Seahawks gave up a first-round pick, a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick to acquire Harvin a year and a half ago.

But Harvin was reportedly such a locker-room cancer that the Seahawks didn’t want to delay in getting rid of him, and as soon as they got an offer from the Jets, the Seahawks were willing to pull the trigger on the trade. Now Harvin is the Jets’ problem.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Owens was opposite, he would be complaining the most when he wasn't getting targets.

Top Bottom