Scandrick questions if his team is any different; 'I don't feel good about anything'

superpunk

Banned
When was the last time you saw Carr make a play on a ball?
IOW it's been a while. Thanks for the backup. 50 mil well spent. But yeah it makes more sense to rail on the second year guy who isn't a 6 year vet with a huge contract.

*disclaimer to avoid future idiotic comments, I don't hate Carr. He's just been underwhelming for what we paid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I never said Claiborne makes plays in this thread. He doesn't. But he's also 19 games into his career - a point at which all you melvins want to write him off for no reason, just like you do every time someone doesn't walk right in and start performing like HOFer. Then you want to put up flimsy bullshit like if he's injured lolololol and then shuck and jive when it's thrown back in your face as being stupid.
Not nearly as stupid as your Sean Lee analogy, which you have nicely riverdanced around.

So yeah, get off his dick. Maybe learn something.
Like what?

Learn what other hoping other mentally weak draft busts have shown us in the past? Sorry, no thanks. Little Mo better prove something before I "get off his dick".

Corners are a different breed, in case you haven't noticed. They have an extremely high bust ratio, especially when they are taken too high in a draft.

For a guy to get beaten like a drum like he has and be as thin-skinned as he apparently is, it is hardly a stretch to start lamenting the pick...especially when we gave up a second rounder for the distinct right to bench his non-playmaking unreliable self just 19 games into his career.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I actually like Scandrick as much as anyone defensively...he plays with some swagger and toughness.
Swagger, toughness, and no ball skills whatsoever. He was a good pick for where they got him and his second contract is reasonable. I think he's worth it. However, I can't count the number of times he's been in position and failed to make a play. He's been as inconsistent as just about anyone else and isn't much better than a slightly above average CB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
IOW it's been a while. Thanks for the backup. 50 mil well spent. But yeah it makes more sense to rail on the second year guy who isn't a 6 year vet with a huge contract.

*disclaimer to avoid future idiotic comments, I don't hate Carr. He's just been underwhelming for what we paid.
Well, when one guy has done their job at least at a decent level, I tend to make more disparaging comments against the guy who has been benched and cost us just as much in terms of talent because we traded up for his idiotic ass. Sorry, I guess I can't be as level headed as you are.

Dude, you are talking to the wrong group of guys if you want to think that anyone here is a fan of the contract Carr got.

superpunk

Banned
Not nearly as stupid as your Sean Lee analogy, which you have nicely riverdanced around.
Lee analogy was on point with regards to "I don't give a shit about his injuries. If he's constantly injured, he's not reliable. If a player is not reliable, they are useless." You just don't like it. Not my problem.

Like what?

Learn what other hoping other mentally weak draft busts have shown us in the past? Sorry, no thanks. Little Mo better prove something before I "get off his dick".

Corners are a different breed, in case you haven't noticed. They have an extremely high bust ratio, especially when they are taken too high in a draft.

For a guy to get beaten like a drum like he has and be as thin-skinned as he apparently is, it is hardly a stretch to start lamenting the pick...especially when we gave up a second rounder for the distinct right to bench his non-playmaking unreliable self just 19 games into his career.
I'll just file this under "we should have picked Merriman" and "Dez will never get it".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Scandrick would get beaten like a drum by Steve Smith, for example.
Steve Smith had his number and ate his lunch over and over again, but the Giants and Manning in general just always destroy us through the air. If it's a Dallas-NY game, you can expect 300 plus from Manning, it's just what he does. Some guys like to play some teams, and that is Manning versus Dallas.

Other than that, people hated on Scandrick a lot because he'd be in (what I'd consider) great positioning and then a perfectly thrown ball would whiz past his ear and the receiver would catch it for a 30 yard gain.

That's kinda bad luck though. Scandrick has always been very good in coverage and it's showing now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
"Mommy, why is that nasty superpunk fellow defending Claiborne tooth and nail?"

"Because he has to, sweetheart. Just look at his draft day slobbering."

:lol

lulz corner whore, credibility zero.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I never said Claiborne makes plays in this thread. He doesn't. But he's also 19 games into his career - a point at which all you melvins want to write him off for no reason, just like you do every time someone doesn't walk right in and start performing like HOFer. Then you want to put up flimsy bullshit like if he's injured lolololol and then shuck and jive when it's thrown back in your face as being stupid.

So yeah, get off his dick. Maybe learn something.
I don't think anyone is asking him to perform like a HoFer. All we're asking is to perform like professional CB.

Damn....he's the #6 overall pick. At least play like Mike Jenkins. At this point I'd be happy with that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Steve Smith had his number and ate his lunch over and over again, but the Giants and Manning in general just always destroy us through the air. If it's a Dallas-NY game, you can expect 300 plus from Manning, it's just what he does. Some guys like to play some teams, and that is Manning versus Dallas.

Other than that, people hated on Scandrick a lot because he'd be in (what I'd consider) great positioning and then a perfectly thrown ball would whiz past his ear and the receiver would catch it for a 30 yard gain.

That's kinda bad luck though. Scandrick has always been very good in coverage and it's showing now.
That's my point. Scandrick is at least around the ball and in position to accidentally make a play. Claiborne is usually trailing his guy by several yards.

superpunk

Banned
Champ 2.0 :lol
We'll see who's laughing by the end of year three. Dude looked the part in college. I know my stalker wants to act like I was the only one stoked to get Claiborne but it just ain't so. OTOH I was pretty much the only person in the world saying to stay away from DeCastro in the first but my fan doesn't wanna post that I guess lololol

superpunk

Banned
I don't think anyone is asking him to perform like a HoFer. All we're asking is to perform like professional CB.

Damn....he's the #6 overall pick. At least play like Mike Jenkins. At this point I'd be happy with that.
Fair enough. Still, it's the start of his second season in the league. Too premature for all the crying imo.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We'll see who's laughing by the end of year three. Dude looked the part in college.
Did Champ need three years to look like Champ?

I know my stalker wants to act like I was the only one stoked to get Claiborne but it just ain't so.
Yes, you had plenty of company, but they had the decency to stop defending him. OTOH, I was down on the pick from the minute he was selected, so yay me!

OTOH I was pretty much the only person in the world saying to stay away from DeCastro in the first but my fan doesn't wanna post that I guess lololol
That was Bob's agenda.

Last edited:

superpunk

Banned
Run along and play with your daddy midstile, bbgun. Or he can make another visit here after a few months hiatus like he did the other day because I'm the most interesting thing that ever happened to that forum and he misses me.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Run along and play with your daddy midstile, bbgun. Or he can make another visit here after a few months hiatus like he did the other day because I'm the most interesting thing that ever happened to that forum and he misses me.

You zone-ishly accuse fans of "overreacting" and yet Middy is the Hos clone? Hi-larious.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Feuds from other boards spilling over onto this one are awesome. Oh wait, no they aren't. They're f'ing irritating.

superpunk

Banned
Feuds from other boards spilling over onto this one are awesome. Oh wait, no they aren't. They're f'ing irritating.
Sorry, tried to ignore it after the usual suspects started begging for my attention. Back on track.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
When was the last time you saw Carr make a play on a ball?

Maybe if I keep pasting this and proclaiming debate WIN I can be nearly as awesome as you are.
Why do you even bother? He's clearly trolling. No one could be that stupid unintentionally.

Top Bottom