Scandrick questions if his team is any different; 'I don't feel good about anything'

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Claiborne is a second year corner who has been hampered by injuries. Get off his dick. Everyone hated Scandrick and belly-ached about his contract CONSTANTLY until this year.

I'd be more aggro about Brandon 50miltobeinvisible Carr.
The difference is, and it's a big one, Carr isn't being beaten like a drum on a consistent basis. He's actually in the same area code as the receiver he's covering. You can't say that about Claiborne's overrated ass.

As for Scandrick, he's struggled from time to time, but I don't recall him ever looking as bad as Claiborne. Maybe it's just revisionist history on my part but I just don't recall Scandrick's struggles ever being as bad as Claiborne's.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The difference is, and it's a big one, Carr isn't being beaten like a drum on a consistent basis. He's actually in the same area code as the receiver he's covering. You can't say that about Claiborne's overrated ass.

As for Scandrick, he's struggled from time to time, but I don't recall him ever looking as bad as Claiborne. Maybe it's just revisionist history on my part but I just don't recall Scandrick's struggles ever being as bad as Claiborne's.
PFF has Scandrick as the top rated CB in the NFL right now.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
A bum shoulder has nothing to do with not being in the same vicinity of a rookie receiver like Allen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Scandrick would get beaten like a drum by Steve Smith, for example.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Scandrick would get beaten like a drum by Steve Smith, for example.
Which is understandable. Steve Smith is one of the games better receivers.

Claiborne gets worked over by every WGAS he lines up against.

Kevin Ogletree would probably make him his bitch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not that Steve Smith, the third string ex-Giant Steve Smith.

All I am struggling with right now is what we were all told in the offseason.

Not concerning, these two CBs won't be playing all zone. We will like have a Seattle defense and stuff.

And here we are playing a shit ton of Chicago-style zone and benching Claiborne who cost us two premium picks to acquire.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think that's true. :art

Last I saw he was seventh.
I guess it's not overall rating, but YPC. It's in the tweet earlier in this thread.

Granted that's not against 1s and 2s for the most part.

superpunk

Banned
When Claiborne makes plays like Lee has, then maybe posting this nonsense might make more sense.

If Claiborne had showed anything whatsoever, he would have bought himself the benefit of the doubt.

He's injured, unreliable and unproductive.

But hey, we should all get off his dick and stuff.
I don't give a shit about his injuries. If he's constantly injured, he's not reliable. If a player is not reliable, they are useless.

Through his first two seasons Sean Lee played 10 games, had 2 INTs and a FF.

Claiborne has played in 19 (more reliable and therefore more useful, I guess) and has 1 INT and a FF.

Think about what you say before you say it. It's idiotic to be writing this kid off at this point.

superpunk

Banned

IMO they just aren't going after him (no reason to when you can attack Claiborne, Carter and whoever our FS ends up being from play to play). When was the last time you saw Carr make a play on a ball?

Everyone hated Scandrick. "He can't play the ball in the air, always in the vicinity, never makes a play," the best anyone ever said for him was that he was a good tackler and blitzer. Last offseason when forum capologists were making their critiques the albatross contracts were ALWAYS Free, Austin and Scandrick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't give a shit about his injuries. If he's constantly injured, he's not reliable. If a player is not reliable, they are useless.

Through his first two seasons Sean Lee played 10 games, had 2 INTs and a FF.

Claiborne has played in 19 (more reliable and therefore more useful, I guess) and has 1 INT and a FF.

Think about what you say before you say it. It's idiotic to be writing this kid off at this point.
You should take your own advice.

Claiborne has one INT off a bad Cam Newton pass in the end zone last year and a meaningless forced fumble. Now he's suffering confidence issues.

Lee had picked off Peyton Manning twice and had a touchdown return off one to his credit in his rookie season and had emerged as team leader in a short period of time.

I know you think you are clever, SP...but you have really lost your touch...if you ever had it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"Mommy, why is that nasty superpunk fellow defending Claiborne tooth and nail?"

"Because he has to, sweetheart. Just look at his draft day slobbering."

:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When was the last time you saw Carr make a play on a ball?
Pittsburgh last year to win the game. Opening night this year for a touchdown.

Think about what you say before you say it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"Mommy, why is that nasty superpunk fellow defending Claiborne tooth and nail?""

"Because he has to, sweetheart. Just look at his draft day slobbering."

He wanted Kirkpatrick?

LAWL

superpunk

Banned
You should take your own advice.

Claiborne has one INT off a bad Cam Newton pass in the end zone last year and a meaningless forced fumble. Now he's suffering confidence issues.

Lee had picked off Peyton Manning twice and had a touchdown return off one to his credit in his rookie season and had emerged as team leader in a short period of time.

I know you think you are clever, SP...but you have really lost your touch...if you ever had it.

I know it sucks to not be able to refute your own stupid statements once they're shown to be idiotic but *snarky snark snark* or however you usually end your replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I know it sucks to not be able to refute your own stupid statements once they're shown to be idiotic but *snarky snark snark* or however you usually end your replies.
I realize your debating style is infantile and you think if you repeat parsed comments over and over again it makes you right...but frankly it's just pathetic and sad.

HAI GUYZ GET OFF HIS DICK HE MAKES PLAYS MOTHAFUCKAS!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah Pittsburgh.

lol deflections

You're not on my level junior don't try.
When was the last time you saw Carr make a play on a ball?

Maybe if I keep pasting this and proclaiming debate WIN I can be nearly as awesome as you are.

superpunk

Banned
I realize your debating style is infantile and you think if you repeat parsed comments over and over again it makes you right...but frankly it's just pathetic and sad.

HAI GUYZ GET OFF HIS DICK HE MAKES PLAYS MOTHAFUCKAS!
I never said Claiborne makes plays in this thread. He doesn't. But he's also 19 games into his career - a point at which all you melvins want to write him off for no reason, just like you do every time someone doesn't walk right in and start performing like HOFer. Then you want to put up flimsy bullshit like if he's injured lolololol and then shuck and jive when it's thrown back in your face as being stupid.

So yeah, get off his dick. Maybe learn something.

Top Bottom