Russia Invades Ukraine

Sheik

DCC 4Life
How is this war still going on? Russia must be really bad at this.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Who knows what to trust anymore in terms of media-reported stories? But apparently Russia has lost 60k casualties and has gained essentially nothing, and it's not getting better anytime soon. It will end up a Vietnam or Afghanistan-like quagmire, although the massive amount of losses have happened way quicker than in either of those wars, and Russia will eventually have to bail out because it's a stalemate that they can't shift to a victory.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Who knows what to trust anymore in terms of media-reported stories? But apparently Russia has lost 60k casualties and has gained essentially nothing, and it's not getting better anytime soon. It will end up a Vietnam or Afghanistan-like quagmire, although the massive amount of losses have happened way quicker than in either of those wars, and Russia will eventually have to bail out because it's a stalemate that they can't shift to a victory.
Yeah, I shouldn’t talk shit about Russia. We spent 20+ years in a dessert and couldn’t beat a bunch of guys on camels.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We could have annihilated them if we were playing by the same rules. Just sayin. We have our timid leaders to thank for that.
That's what I'm saying. I hate the narrative that we couldn't beat them. I know you were just kidding, but it really irritates the shit outta me when people DO say it and believe it. It's impossible to win when you aren't allowed to.

Just like in Viet Nam... win every battle but lose the war? C'mon now. If you're going to send us, let us do what we are capable of doing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's what I'm saying. I hate the narrative that we couldn't beat them. I know you were just kidding, but it really irritates the shit outta me when people DO say it and believe it. It's impossible to win when you aren't allowed to.

Just like in Viet Nam... win every battle but lose the war? C'mon now. If you're going to send us, let us do what we are capable of doing.
Our country would never survive another world war. Not in its shape as it stands today. Our military leaders have gone soft, almost as much as the public has.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I may have never said it before NoDick, but your service is appreciated.

You are 100% correct with the analogy to Vietnam.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I may have never said it before NoDick, but your service is appreciated.

You are 100% correct with the analogy to Vietnam.
I second this appreciation. But, I'm fairly sure I have said it before.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I already told him a long time ago.

This is like wishing someone happy birthday a week after it passed. Do better, both of you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was just leaning out the window to get some fresh air. Nothing to see here. :unsure
And one guy was hung at his vacation villa while his family was stabbed to death, another supposedly shot his family and turned the gun on himself, another was stabbed to death with his family, a couple of suicide by hanging...all common occurrences, comrade.

Top Bottom