Report: Cowboys ‘leading contender’ to acquire Ravens safety Earl Thomas

p1_

DCC 4Life
Report: Cowboys ‘leading contender’ to acquire Ravens safety Earl Thomas

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Baltimore plans to part ways with the safety on Sunday.

Baltimore Ravens safety Earl Thomas III, center, works out with teammates during an NFL football camp

By SportsDay Staff

10:21 AM on Aug 23, 2020

Could the Dallas Cowboys finally be in line to add a top-line player at safety?

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Baltimore Ravens plan to move on from Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas on Sunday -- via trade or release -- for conduct detrimental to the team.

Thomas was sent home Friday after an incident with Baltimore teammate Chuck Clark.

Schefter also reported that Dallas could a potential landing spot for the safety saying one of his sources went “as far as to say the Cowboys ‘would be leading contender.’”

The Cowboys’ flirtation with the addition of Thomas is not a new storyline in Dallas.

Thomas showed up outside the Cowboys’ locker room after the Seahawks defeated Dallas in Week 16 of the 2017 season. He then proceeded to express his desire to be a member of the Cowboys to former head coach Jason Garrett.

"If y'all have the chance, come get me," he said.

Garrett and the Cowboys nearly made it a reality in 2018 when they offered a second-round pick to the Seahawks in exchange for Thomas. Talks stalled and eventually ended when the free safety suffered a season-ending left leg fracture during a Week 4 game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Dallas was also in the running when Thomas eventually signed with Baltimore in 2019.

More to come on this story.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Schefter also reported that Dallas could a potential landing spot for the safety saying one of his sources went “as far as to say the Cowboys ‘would be leading contender.’”

Sounds like there is zero actual substance to this.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Sounds like even though he can still play he's not good in the lockerroom. The Ravens can't wait to get rid of him. His erratic behavior trending up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah if he hits the market it makes sense. If he doesn’t I’m not trading for him.

But it does seem like Clinton Dix may not have much left .
I'm cool with him on a cheap deal with incentives. He is sort of used to being an alpha and that would be hard on the Ravens defense since they are so established.

Last edited:
Top Bottom