Report: Cowboys ‘leading contender’ to acquire Ravens safety Earl Thomas

p1_

DCC 4Life
I assume Haha is the odd man out here, WHEN , not if, the deal gets done.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I wonder what MM thinks about Earl Thomas

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Does the headache/money outweigh the talent upgrade? Would it benefit our defense enough on the field to bring in a lockerroom trouble maker and the downgrade we'd be adding there? Especially considering we are starting over with a whole new coaching staff that will be wanting to put their stamp on the team.

I don't know. I'm torn.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ordinarily I'd slam Jerry for not being aggressive enough, but this guy just bitched and moaned his way out of two franchises. would still prefer a David Irving reunion if it's feasible.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
After thinking about it a bit, I think I'd rather pass. The talent is tempting, for sure. But he has left two teams on very bad terms. I don't think I want that infecting our locker room.

The ONLY way I think I'd want him here is on a cheap, prove it type deal that we could easily get out of with minimal cap consequences if he were to start acting the fool. Even then, I'd be apprehensive over what kind of influence he'd have on what is a pretty young roster.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
After thinking about it a bit, I think I'd rather pass. The talent is tempting, for sure. But he has left two teams on very bad terms. I don't think I want that infecting our locker room.

The ONLY way I think I'd want him here is on a cheap, prove it type deal that we could easily get out of with minimal cap consequences if he were to start acting the fool. Even then, I'd be apprehensive over what kind of influence he'd have on what is a pretty young roster.
This is a Terrell Owens situation to me.

You give him a deal you can get out of if you need. He could put the defense over the top, he’s that kind of player.

Owens didn’t ruin the team, and the few guys he did affect were easily purged after Owens was sent packing (like Crayton).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
this seems to be a timing issue. the man was released already
It won't be official until about ten minutes from now.

This is gonna be another one of those things where you keep refreshing Twitter all night.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Haley and Everett
Griffen and Thomas

If Jerry thinks it’s the last piece, he’ll let Charlotte pull the train.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
On a cheap well-structured deal that would allow us an easy out, I am signing this contract in a heartbeat. The man is a beast in the secondary, and well worth headaches.

Top Bottom