Religion thread...

kidd

DCC 4Life
The problem is that any species, has a minimum viable population to avoid a pileup of inbreeding related diseases. So far the lowest possible number for human MVP is 80 people, that was an estimated number to start a space colony, with algorithms and shit helping guide breeding habits. As far as I can tell post flood Noah had a breeding population one tenth that size. Then we have to talk about the animals whose MVP are in the thousands, and this two by two shit would end in the extinction of every animal.

That doesn't even touch the issue that there isn't enough water on earth to cover the earth in water in the first place. Best case scenario it's a story of a guy who survived a local flood with his family, and then went on to reproduce with other tribes unaffected by the flood. Occam's razor has a more sensible solution than that though.
I'm only going to touch on one issue here.

I too used to get hung up on the whole repopulating the earth without inbred diseases and such. Then I heard an interesting theory that goe something like this:

When God created Adam & Eve, they were perfect in every way until sin was introduced. This muddied the waters but not to that great of an extent because they were still literally from the hands of God. So you have these near perfect individuals procreate and their kids are near perfect as well; just not as perfect as mom and dad; and so on and so on.

Noah was from Adam's lineage, while the rest of the world which was destroyed by the flood was more from Cain's lineage which was more contaminated by sin since it is never mentioned where his wife came from.

So Noah and his family may not have needed the magic number of 80 since his bloodline was more pure and hadn't had time to be completely diluted by the sin of man.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just solved the evolution/creation problem for good!

midswat

... soon
Question for religious people...

When someone solicits prayers on social media, and all these people respond with "prayers up".... did they really pray or are they just saying that.

Same thing for when a tragic event happens in some location and people post "Prayers for Paris" or wherever.

Really pray or just fishing for likes?

And when someone says they're praying for you, isn't that just the easiest, least inconveniencing thing they can do, thus essentially proving they don't really care?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No one religious or not can answer that. They have no way of knowing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Question for religious people...

When someone solicits prayers on social media, and all these people respond with "prayers up".... did they really pray or are they just saying that.

Same thing for when a tragic event happens in some location and people post "Prayers for Paris" or wherever.

Really pray or just fishing for likes?

And when someone says they're praying for you, isn't that just the easiest, least inconveniencing thing they can do, thus essentially proving they don't really care?
I honestly think that it's just one of the polite thing is that a lot of people say. I know for me when I say that I actually try to remember to pray. But I don't always. I think that is just equivalent to saying I'm sorry for what you're going through. But that is just my opinion and experience

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I honestly think that it's just one of the polite thing is that a lot of people say. I know for me when I say that I actually try to remember to pray. But I don't always. I think that is just equivalent to saying I'm sorry for what you're going through. But that is just my opinion and experience
Is that intended for everyone?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not understanding what you're saying?
Midswat was asking a general question about a hypothetical regarding whether there was a sincere response from people who offered prayer for others. I indicated I didn't think anyone could answer that because no one knows about whether others are sincere. You response seemed to say you thought people would react a certain way. I was wondering if you meant that as a response for evertyone.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Midswat was asking a general question about a hypothetical regarding whether there was a sincere response from people who offered prayer for others. I indicated I didn't think anyone could answer that because no one knows about whether others are sincere. You response seemed to that what you thought people would react a certain way. I was wondering if you meant that as a response for evertyone.
Naw, I am just giving my thoughts on what I perceived the answer to be. I think that in general, folks like are mostly being polite. But no, nobody really knows what other people do.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Exists*

Top Bottom