Redskins Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Skins have more weapons than NY, they don't want to put up two stinkers in a row, and it's a noon kickoff. I'm scared and need to be held.
They also have a less mobile QB and a much less explosive RB, which is about all the Giants offense could muster the other night. The OL's are about even, maybe a slight lean to the Skins.

Their WR's are of course significantly better but we're deep in the secondary, especially now that Kearse will seemingly be back.

Just like the Giants game it'll come down to whether or not we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. The key for this team is not getting behind to the point where the other team can pass the ball on their own terms, thus negating the biggest strength on our roster.

If we can avoid giving the Skins freebies (penalties, turnovers, giving up cheap yards on screens and the like), and if our offense can put up another 20ish points, we'll be in good shape because eventually the pass rush will take over and Wentz will lose his composure.

I think they'll come out motivated given how horrendous their OL played last week but as long as the game is close, the pass rush will take over eventually.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Unless we play sloppy and turn the ball over a few times, I don't see us losing this game.

I think we're going to create a few turnovers ourselves and that offense is going to struggle to score against us.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's never a gimme against the Commanders :lol ......Y'all know what I'm talking about. Even in the glory years, it was a battle
Yeah, I don't get why everyone is assuming this should be an easy Cowboys win. Dallas isn't exactly blowing the doors off teams.

We're doing just enough to get by on offense so far. It'll be up to the defense to hold the Commanders under 20 because lost in all the Cooper Rush slurpage is the fact that we're only averaging 21 ppg in the three games he's started.

Not a bad scoring average but it probably requires the defense to play a B game at worst to win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I don't get why everyone is assuming this should be an easy Cowboys win. Dallas isn't exactly blowing the doors off teams.

We're doing just enough to get by on offense so far. It'll be up to the defense to hold the Commanders under 20 because lost in all the Cooper Rush slurpage is the fact that we're only averaging 21 ppg in the three games he's started.

Not a bad scoring average but it probably requires the defense to play a B game at worst to win.
To me, it is about matchups.

The Redskins' secondary is bad, Wentz can't sense a pass rush.

They will have to do something extremely creative offensively to score more than 20 points.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

You never know with a backup QB, the margins are thin and the NFL is a week to week league to begin with. If we come out fucking around with penalties and turnovers anything can happen.

Although with that said, I think if we played this game 10 times we'd probably win at least 6, if not 7 or 8.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You never know with a backup QB, the margins are thin and the NFL is a week to week league to begin with. If we come out fucking around with penalties and turnovers anything can happen.

Although with that said, I think if we played this game 10 times we'd probably win at least 6, if not 7 or 8.
9, maybe?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
si.com

Which underdog has the best shot to win outright in Week 4?

Orr
: The Commanders. I feel like we’re due for a sneaky Cooper Rush upset at some point. Rush is great, don’t get me wrong, but I would be floored if the Cowboys went undefeated in Dak Prescott’s absence, mostly because I don’t want to answer ridiculous questions about who should start when Prescott comes back. It’s Prescott, by the way. Stop it.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
si.com

Which underdog has the best shot to win outright in Week 4?

Orr
: The Commanders. I feel like we’re due for a sneaky Cooper Rush upset at some point. Rush is great, don’t get me wrong, but I would be floored if the Cowboys went undefeated in Dak Prescott’s absence, mostly because I don’t want to answer ridiculous questions about who should start when Prescott comes back. It’s Prescott, by the way. Stop it.
It may be time to ask that question. Is Dallas a better offense with Rush? Just because of the simple fact that they RUN THE BALL with him at QB and don't feel forced to let an above average at best Dak earn his ridiculous contract.

Top Bottom