Redskins at Cowboys | Week 6 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/13/2013

Carp

DCC 4Life
Williams is a good looking #2 WR prospect. He does get better weekly...would have been easy to bitch out after the SD fumble

dallen

Senior Tech
That's guy is in red face. He's not even Native American

Carp

DCC 4Life
We have struggled most offensively with 3-4 defenses. KC and Wash...hope they get it right on Sun.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Solid win overall. The DL, and the defense in general will be a shit show some games and the eventual downfall of the team, but they played their asses off tonight.

We have to look hard at RB's in the draft next year, or perhaps even look at a guy like Ben Tate in free agency because Murray is just completely unreliable and it bogs the offense down. With Austin, Ratliff and Spencer all gone we should have some cap space to work with, nothing extravagant of course, but a little something.

Griffin looked pretty horrendous, he looked smoother as a runner and that will excite some people but his mechanics and accuracy in the pocket are questionable at best. Without the training wheels of the read option this guy will have to improve alot to be the QB people thought he would be after last season.

If these jokers can win next week I think we win the division. The Skins and Giants are done so it's a 2 team race, and as gutless as this team is, I don't think they lose in Dallas with the division on the line against Philly to end the season if that scenario plays out. So basically if we win next week I think we will have the H2H tiebreaker over Philly, along with a 1 game lead.

Carl

RIP Brother
For first time in long time, I wasn't able to watch the game. But I did scroll through the game day thread and it appears we lost by 20. That's a tough loss, especially at home.

Carl

RIP Brother
All things aside, lets just revel in Eli's season. At least we can agree on this.

Carl

RIP Brother
How did the Saints lose that game today? I guess there isn't really a genius in the NFL. Sean Payton cost his team a win today. The loss was on him.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
While the no name DL is getting a lot of love it seemed RGIII had to hold on to the ball longer than he hoped because of the great coverage by the DB's. DL played good, but great corner play last night, too.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How did the Saints lose that game today? I guess there isn't really a genius in the NFL. Sean Payton cost his team a win today. The loss was on him.
We made fun of Rob but I also like that the Saints had a victory huddle on the sideline after that Brady int late in the 4th.

That will be an NFL meme this week.

GShock

DCC 4Life
While the no name DL is getting a lot of love it seemed RGIII had to hold on to the ball longer than he hoped because of the great coverage by the DB's. DL played good, but great corner play last night, too.
This is true. There were quite a few PBUs, too.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Did Escobar even get on the field last night? I know he didn't have any catches and saw Hanna out there quite a bit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did Escobar even get on the field last night? I know he didn't have any catches and saw Hanna out there quite a bit.
I don't think so. I mentioned it last night.

Even by Cowboy standards drafting him was incredibly dumb.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't think so. I mentioned it last night.

Even by Cowboy standards drafting him was incredibly dumb.
I find the timing interesting though. He was out there quite a bit last week. Had a nice down the field grab early but was the target on the game-ending INT. Curious if that was a reason for him not getting playing time tonight.

On the plus side, Frederick has looked good and I really like what I'm seeing from Terrence Williams the last couple of games. But in order to turn the corner we are going to have to have at least a couple of monster draft classes. Look at any SB team and you will find at least 2 of those type draft classes as well as hitting on just about every 1st and 2nd round pick over several years time.

Using a 1st and 2nd on a CB and then missing on an obvious WTH pick like Escobar isn't going to get it done.

D

Deuce

I find the timing interesting though. He was out there quite a bit last week. Had a nice down the field grab early but was the target on the game-ending INT. Curious if that was a reason for him not getting playing time tonight.
Broaddus was tweeting some blame on him last week, saying his route wasn't crisp and whatnot. I'm sure that was parroting what the staff was thinking.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus was tweeting some blame on him last week, saying his route wasn't crisp and whatnot. I'm sure that was parroting what the staff was thinking.
It was a poor route. You can't round it off and fade backwards on the route he ran. He allowed for the defender to undercut the route. It still was a poor read by Romo but a good route there probably doesn't lead to an interception.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Over at ES they have a thread where they are bitching about the refs.

They can't comprehend why you're not allowed to block someone into the ball. They think that overturned fumble recovery was complete BS.

But of course they didn't have any problems with the weak personal foul penalties called for minor contact on RGIII.

Top Bottom