Red Man Walking

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jerry is on record years ago saying he would have fired Jerry the Gm so...
But he hasn't. That's seems to say I would have fired anyone else for this performance but I wont fire myself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
His actions speak loud enough.
And that is exactly what I have commented on. His actions says he wants to win and his statements says I will continue to be the GM. He must either think he can win or he doesn't think he has to step down to make the Cowboys a winner. I have no other explanation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But he hasn't. That's seems to say I would have fired anyone else for this performance but I wont fire myself.
There's no 'seems' about it. That's exactly what he's saying. That if any other GM would have performed like he has, he would have fired their ass. But since he doesn't have to worry about that, his inept GM ass keeps plugging along.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So logically then him staying GM is more important to him then winning

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So logically then him staying GM is more important to him then winning
I have no way of knowing this. Its a conclusion a lot of folks have come to but I have never heard him say staying GM is more important than winning. I don't think anyone else has either. Its a position some have taken as being true even though there isn't anything of record of him making that statement but anyone is free to arrive there if they choose.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There's no 'seems' about it. That's exactly what he's saying. That if any other GM would have performed like he has, he would have fired their ass. But since he doesn't have to worry about that, his inept GM ass keeps plugging along.
That's a conclusion anyone can reach but its not on record as having been said by Jones. its an assumption based on what can be accepted as truth if one so chooses. So if it is your position fine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That would be the case because he hasn't stepped down yet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That would involve sacrifice for the good of the team. Runs counter to his very nature.
Well that's exactly what I have been saying. What he has done and is doing are opposites. I am only commenting on what the record shows. He will not step down. Its up to anyone to interpret what that means. If you think it means its because he doesn't care about the team winning the take that road.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's a conclusion anyone can reach but its not on record as having been said by Jones. its an assumption based on what can be accepted as truth if one so chooses. So if it is your position fine.
That would be the case because he hasn't stepped down yet.
You answer the same post, 4 minutes apart, with two answers that contradict each other? Really?

:lol

I'm out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yes, for the third time, Jerry is on record saying exactly that

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jerry is on record years ago saying he would have fired Jerry the Gm so...

Yes, for the third time, Jerry is on record saying exactly that
Jones is on record as saying he had rather the team lose than step down? Show me.
This is the string of posts we are commenting on here. NOWHERE in there is anybody saying anything like you claim in your last statement here. Only that Jerry has basically said in an interview that he would have fired anybody else that had his track record as a GM. You are confusing a conversation you were having with other people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is the string of posts we are commenting on here. NOWHERE in there is anybody saying anything like you claim in your last statement here. Only that Jerry has basically said in an interview that he would have fired anybody else that had his track record as a GM. You are confusing a conversation you were having with other people.
This whole thread has essentially been about some saying Jones would rather the team lose than step down as GM. If you look I posed this as as question that asked someone to show where Jones has said this. I’m still waiting for someone to show me.

The statements about Jones saying he would fire himself I have indicated that yes he said it but he hasn’t fired himself. So I don’t see what you are getting at.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So I don’t see what you are getting at.
jsmith made a comment that you replied to. I replied to your comment, which you also replied to. Which brought jsmith back reiterating his initial point which you then spun off into something nobody in this conversation had said. Is that so hard to understand?

And nobody gives a damn what was said earlier in the thread. It had nothing to do with jsmith's comment about what Jerry said about firing himself and we were commenting on.

But, whatever. You obviously either are incapable of seeing it, or you just don't care to. I am sorry I even entered this conversation.

Top Bottom